Frequent Contributor

I seem to be going through the primer gel pretty fast. I was wondering if there is anything else you can use instead of the primer gel that came with it?

Trusted Contributor
Hi, mamawsboys! I read a thread a while ago that suggested using aloe vera gel as an alternative to the primer gel. This was well before I ordered the Mini, so didn't really get any details. I am curious to read others' suggestions as well. Thanks for starting the thread!
Esteemed Contributor
On 12/17/2014 MJDinHawaii said: Hi, mamawsboys! I read a thread a while ago that suggested using aloe vera gel as an alternative to the primer gel. This was well before I ordered the Mini, so didn't really get any details. I am curious to read others' suggestions as well. Thanks for starting the thread!

Do you mean a plain-jane aloe gel? That would be great!

Contributor
Yes, Aloe Vera gel. I switched to using this because the gel that came with the mini seemed to make my face drier. The aloe gel I have came from health food store and it is very moisturizing.
Valued Contributor

I have been using Fruit of the Earth clear aloe vera gel from either Walmart or Drugstore.com. It is so much cheaper than the NuFace gel, and works just as well. It is not drying, and wipes off and then washes off easily. I would highly recommend it.

Super Contributor

I've tried a bunch, including aloe gels and found they dried down faster than what I wanted and some were pretty sticky. I can't use the traditional conductive serums because they contain ingredients that don't agree with my skin, so I was in a quandary.

I came across NatureSilk from Ingredients to die for.com, it's a silicone free alternative "slip" formulation that has a long slip time with good ingredients and works like a charm. Well worth the purchase for me. A little goes a long way, so a 16oz bottle lasts ages.

Super Contributor

agree, the AV gel works perfectly!!!!

Frequent Contributor

I used to use AV gel but it dries too quickly. I then read on a board about an ultrasound gel and found one at amazon. This works brilliantly. It's very similar to the gel I used to get with the nuface when it first came out years ago (same shaped tube too). I lasts ages, it's really inexpensive and doesn't dry down.

Here's the link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015TI5GQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've been using a nuface (off and on!) for years and this is the best gel I've found.

Regular Contributor
On 12/17/2014 Cheezit said:

agree, the AV gel works perfectly!!!!

Hi cheezit, how are you? I have tried different aloe but it stings my eyes making it waterySmiley Sad what brand worked for you?
Regular Contributor
On 12/17/2014 cotto22 said:

I have been using Fruit of the Earth clear aloe vera gel from either Walmart or Drugstore.com. It is so much cheaper than the NuFace gel, and works just as well. It is not drying, and wipes off and then washes off easily. I would highly recommend it.

Thanks I will look into it, I hope it doesn't irritate my eyes like the other ones I tried.