Respected Contributor

Is Laura Geller's Signature Red Lipstick Too Dark

…for a 67-year young damsel?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: Is Laura Geller's Signature Red Lipstick Too Dark

pommom, I'm sure that you are a young damsel and a lovely one at that. :-)

I watched the video. All three or four models were relatively young, with smooth skin and full, unlined lips.

This is not a color for the faint of heart. I personally could never carry it off, but then I couldn't have carried it off when I was young. I always had thin lips, and IMO, a deep, saturated color red does not compliment thin lips at all.

I think a more sheer red might be better unless you do have very young-looking lips, few or no lines or wrinkles, and the coloring to complement that deep shade.

And as much as I enjoy Laura Geller, I think she would look much better wearing lighter and/or more sheer lipsticks.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

SuzyQ3 - I appreciate your candor and diplomacy. I agree with what you said and will look for a nice red sheer lipstick.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

No way! An intensity controller might be in order if you don't feel you can do the full bright color though.

Trusted Contributor

If you are looking for a sheer red, you might try Lipstick Queen in Medieval.

Respected Contributor

On 12/16/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I watched the video. All three or four models were relatively young, with smooth skin and full, unlined lips.

This is not a color for the faint of heart. I personally could never carry it off, but then I couldn't have carried it off when I was young. I always had thin lips, and IMO, a deep, saturated color red does not compliment thin lips at all.

I think a more sheer red might be better unless you do have very young-looking lips, few or no lines or wrinkles, and the coloring to complement that deep shade.

And as much as I enjoy Laura Geller, I think she would look much better wearing lighter and/or more sheer lipsticks.

I agree with you. Maybe try a color that is more sheer. It seems to me lately that a lot of Laura's lip products are very harsh colors. I prefer softer, more neutral ones. I know they say that red is in for lip color, but there are a lot of us that it just doesn't look good on. I'm one of them! I'm in my forties and have very fair skin. I do love most of Laura's other products and wear them everyday, just not her lip products.

Super Contributor

No

Regular Contributor

On 12/16/2014 MarthaStewardess said:
On 12/16/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I agree with you. Maybe try a color that is more sheer. It seems to me lately that a lot of Laura's lip products are very harsh colors. I prefer softer, more neutral ones. I know they say that red is in for lip color, but there are a lot of us that it just doesn't look good on. I'm one of them! I'm in my forties and have very fair skin. I do love most of Laura's other products and wear them everyday, just not her lip products.

Laura Geller's Italian Marble lipsticks are sheer and neutral colored. They are very moisturizing and my favorites!

Honored Contributor

I think all lipsticks - and especially reds - depend on your coloring. I prefer Lipstick Queen medieval as it is very sheer but a definite red. I have had ladies ask me what color and brand it is.

Honored Contributor

It's hard to say. It depends on your coloring.

You can always tone it down with some gloss or mix it with another color.