Trusted Contributor

Did some experimenting with my nail polish (regular and glitter) as I wanted to come up with something pretty for 2 Christmas parties I'll be attending where I'll be wearing red or red and green. I applied a frosted emerald green color with a coat of multi-colored glitter polish on top of that which looked really nice. But then I tried something I like even better. On top of the same emerald green polish (without the glitter polish), I put some red and green glitter. I mixed a small amount of red and green glitter in a small bowl, then dipped a Q-tip in it and sprinkled a small amount on top of my nail. I did this right after I applied the second coat of polish while it was still wet to help the glitter adhere. After this dried I applied a clear top coat. This turned out very pretty with just a small amount of the red glitter showing on the green which is what I wanted. I think I may do the same thing for one party, only using red polish as the base.

I have many jars of glitter that I use for other craft projects, so I may do this with other colors in the future.

I've been doing more "nail art" recently and I'm sure many of you are more experienced in it than I am, but I just wanted to share this idea with those who might find it helpful.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds pretty. Can you share a picture?

Trusted Contributor

Sounds pretty!

Trusted Contributor
On 12/16/2014 Vamp said:

Sounds pretty. Can you share a picture?

Well I'm not very tech savvy, but if someone can tell me how to do this, I would certainly be happy to give it a try.

Valued Contributor

I can help you (I hope) if you have your picture on your computer.

Trusted Contributor

My husband helped me so here it is:

Trusted Contributor

Sorry it's so big!

Honored Contributor

Sounds really pretty. The pic is not showing up. My nails will look like cr~ap this Christmas no thanks to Perfect Formula. I bought the last TSV Q had to try this. I really liked it when I first starting using it. I had to do my nails at least twice a week because it would peel. The problem with the peeling was it was also peeling off part of my nail. My nails look worse now then they did before I started using it. I quit using it & cancelled my AD. My nails are starting to look better but it's going to take some time. I gave Perfect Formula 3 months & it's a no go for me. Too bad since I really like the pink color. Hate I had to cut my nails short from all the peeling I had.

Valued Contributor

It’s not showing up. Do you have it on a image hosting site like Imgur or Photobucket ?

Trusted Contributor

Well it's not showing up on my laptop now, but it did when I first posted it on my desk top. Jeez!