Super Contributor

Booty bigger... Booty smaller....?????

So I thought it was good to have a big booty... now Carolyn on Denim and Co is saying how the pant she is presently showing makes your BOOTY SMALLER.... so confused{#emotions_dlg.confused1}. So much conflicting information. Carolyn also stresses how this or that makes you look so "skinny" "smaller" "slim"..... why can't she just say you will look good no matter what your size. She seems fixated on looking skinny. I do not think it is a good sales tactic.

Honored Contributor

Re: Booty bigger... Booty smaller....?????

Some women want them to appear smaller, some woman need them to appear bigger. Some women want them to appear smooth.

I guess Carolyn is addressing some of these women?

Super Contributor

I prefer my butt to be smaller. I've been watching what I eat and trying to walk at least a mile a day. I've lost some weight, and the first place I noticed it is in my butt, and I'm very glad. I wish it would also come off my stomach.

Super Contributor

I think it makes Women feel they need to be other than what they are.... just happy with what YOU GOT. More stress to feel that you need to ""fix"" what is broken.

Honored Contributor

I have no booty, so it really doesn't change my opinion. I just buy tunic tops to cover the "no booty" issue.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 12/16/2014 AnnaBella said:

I think it makes Women feel they need to be other than what they are.... just happy with what YOU GOT. More stress to feel that you need to "fix" what is broken.

Certainly that's a wonderful sentiment, but in reality, don't we all tend to want apparel that makes us look good -- whether that might be bigger or smaller or whatever? Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Mine is perfect. I don't need smoke and mirrors.

Respected Contributor

In 54 years, I haven't see a pair of pants that can make your booty look smaller or bigger. In Carolyn's defense, she's selling clothes and she's using the buzz words that everyone uses when they sell clothes. Who would buy the pants if she said "buy these nice pants, they won't make you look any bigger than you look in the pants you already own" :.....

Respected Contributor

On 12/16/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 12/16/2014 AnnaBella said:

I think it makes Women feel they need to be other than what they are.... just happy with what YOU GOT. More stress to feel that you need to "fix" what is broken.

Certainly that's a wonderful sentiment, but in reality, don't we all tend to want apparel that makes us look good -- whether that might be bigger or smaller or whatever? Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

Yes, those of us who care about our appearance want clothing that enhances our body. And most of us want to look slimmer, trimmer, shaplier. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Honored Contributor

I think she made a bad booty call on that one.