Regular Contributor

avon ladies--or users -help please...

Hi there- can you recommend a good eye cream/gel from their skincare? Also- are the acne lines any good? Thank you!
Respected Contributor

Re: avon ladies--or users -help please...

I haven't bought Avon recently but any of their Anew products are good products. I used to have a friend that was an Avon representative but since she stopped selling Avon I haven't bought much. The only product that I always use by Avon are their lipsticks when they are on sale. They are really great lip products for the money and even less expensive than buying a drugstore brand. I have never used their acne lines.

Regular Contributor

Which lipstick do you like from them? I need so much guidance as I rarely buy cosmetics.
Honored Contributor

Avon now has stores in some towns - we have one here in Florida and there is at least one in Pittsburgh as well. If you have one - it is a place where you can talk to the salesperson and try on products etc. Look in the phone book.

Super Contributor

Anew Clinical Eye Lift, $28, there are often sales. My customers who use the acne products are happy with them. Both the Eye Lift and the Clearskin Acne System have 4 and a half stars in the reviews.

Regular Contributor

The Moisture Boost Eye Cream is pretty good and I think in the current brochure it is 2 for 9.99. I've also used and like the Eye Lift Pro Dual Eye System. I don't use the acne cleansers but I have used their spot treatment and that is a fantastic product for me. I do know friends whose teenagers use the acne line and they really like it.

Respected Contributor

On 12/16/2014 lynbeechwood said: Which lipstick do you like from them? I need so much guidance as I rarely buy cosmetics.

My favorite lipstick from Avon are the Beyond Color Plumping Lip Color and I always buy them when they are on sale. I always buy the Beyond Color Plumping Lip conditioner also. The Mark lip products are also very good but they are rarely on sale. Still a great product and I believe better than what you can buy at a drugstore. The Ultra Color Lipsticks from Avon are also very good. Of course, many department stores are much better but also much more expensive. I only use department store lipsticks when they are part of a gift with purchase. I always buy Lancome gift with purchase since I like Lancome mascara.

Super Contributor

I use several of their products. For eyes: Anew Clinical Eye Life PRO Dual Eye System.

I always have satisfactory results with Avon products.

Respected Contributor

On 12/16/2014 happy housewife said:

Avon now has stores in some towns - we have one here in Florida and there is at least one in Pittsburgh as well. If you have one - it is a place where you can talk to the salesperson and try on products etc. Look in the phone book.

This is a great suggestion also.

If you are interested in purchasing Avon you should just find an Avon representative in your area. Over the years, I have known many Avon representatives and most are very helpful and sometimes have samples of certain products. They also accept for return any product that you are not happy with.

Regular Contributor

Thank you so much ladies! There used to be a small avon store in my local mall but they couldnt keep up with the high rent. I loved that store- my mom passed away almost 20 years ago and it reminded me so much of her- she was an avon lady! As a child I would always sneak a peek in the cabinet drawers and look at all the boxes and pretty perfumes. Oh and those tiny-adorable lipstick samples! Such sweet memories! Thank you all.