Respected Contributor
I got the LG kit today and put it on around 5 PM, still on at 4:30 AM. The lipstick seems dry when you put it on but doesn’t feel dry once on. It would be too dark if I put it on like regular lipstick so I just dabbed it on all over and is okay. I do prefer a softer lighter shade though.
The blush would be too dark if you use too much and the brush that comes with it does apply too much so I use my Two Faced blush brush that is thin, wide but thin and worked very well, didn’t get too much on but I did on the side I used her brush even though I tried not to so, won’t use the brush that comes with this. You have to go very easy with this blush or could really get too much on.
I asked DH at dinner tonight(out to eat) how I looked since he saw the presentation and I told him I was ordering. He said you look nice, don’t look like a clown which is what he says when he sees someone with too much blush on.
The highlighter is good but only used it under the brow area as well as on the inner eye area. My skin is too dry to use it on the top of my cheek bone as LG suggests.
I like the shadow, sort of, used it plain on one side( a bit too glittery for me) so than used both colors blended on the other side, soft taupe, very nice, like this better. I did use the brush that came with the shadow.
I put the shadow liner(darker color) on one side dry, didn’t really show up so I wet the brush and applied on the other side as my liner. I didn’t care for her liner brush so I used an older BE eye brush I have had for a long time and just used it on the side, put down a nice liner, not fine, just right, the way I like them. L do have and use and love her Baked Eye Rimz Plum like it Hot baked shadow liner which I use only as an eye liner and really like that.
I like the mascara, looks very natural. I only put on one coat than touched up. It curled a bit and separated and doesn’t look fake and didn't clump, more natural which I like. I guess you can apply more for a more dramatic look but I prefer a more natural look.
I will use it a few more time before deciding. I will see if the products I like justify keeping the kit.
I will have to use the blush a few more times as well as the lipstick. These are the 2 products I am unsure of. I doubt I will use the highlighter for anything other than right under my brow bone which is good for that.
I do have dry skin and a light to light medium complexion. I use BE Bareskin in Bare Shell as well as Mally air brush mousse in light medium as my 2 favorite foundations. I did get and like M. Asam magic foundation and while I do like this my favorites are the BE bareskin serum foundation and the Mally air brush mousse in the pump can, comes with a brush but I use my Real Techniques brush for both of these foundations, works very well.
Esteemed Contributor

doglover,

So excited for you that your kit came already, I am a relatively new comer to the LG line and love her products due to the ease and non drying results of the makeup.

My only thing is you really do not know what you are missing if you do not try her highlighter on other areas of your face. It's like magic. Above & below your blush and eyebrows and down the middle of your nose. Also if you ever feel over colored by her kits a sponge will easlily blend and remove any excess product in a second. Also in a pinch cotten ball or towel corner.

The mascara sounds really good considering you have had it on so long and none is under your eye!

Fun review - Thanks

Respected Contributor

hopi, I did try the highlighter other places today but since my skin is so dry on me it seems to show up fine lines near the eye area. I am not a fan of powder anything although I do like and use her eye rimz for both shadows and lining in plum like it hot. I also use a powder blush, usually tarte(is a soft shade) but only on a rare occasion since I really don't need a blush.

I do like this mascara, have it on again today and is very natural looking. I use and like both Mally volumizing mascara as well as cover girl one by one volume in the big orange tube, both very nice as is this LG in this kit. I would get the mascara on it's own.

I also like the shadow using it blended together but not the lighter color used separately since it does have a slight sheen/glitter which I don't care for on me. I wouldn't purchase it though if I wanted or needed a new shadow or liner.

While the lipstick once on is a decent color(not my choice though) as long as I just sort of dot it on I do prefer a much lighter shade. Once on it doesn't feel dry at all but trying to put it on like any other lipstick, feels very dry and just doesn't go on very easy, for me anyway.

I went on AD for the kit and will cancel AD for sure since the only thing I can say I really like and would use is the mascara.

I used the whole kit 2 days in a row and think the mascara is the only thing I can say I really like and would use so, don't think after using this for 2 days that the kit is for me.

Respected Contributor

I said I have 2 favorite foundations but I actually have 3. I didn't mention the one, M. Asam magic foundation since that doesn't come in shades, only one shade for all which works perfectly for me and my light to light medium dry complexion. I love all 3 of these foundations, M.Asam magic foundation, Mally air brush mousse foundation in the pump bottle in light medium and the new BE bareskin serum foundation in bare shell.

I use my real techniques expert face brush for both Mally and BE but use my fingers for the M.Asam although the brush also works well for this, can really use anything for this M.Asam.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the GREAT review doglover3. I love to see one of our board members give their honest opinion. It helps us all.

I was close to ordering this, but passed as I knew Skinn was coming up and bought a true haul this time around.

If you keep, hope you enjoy. Hey, why not try a dual fiber brush for the blush n brighten? It deposits very little product on the skin.

Take care {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

I too found I had to use different brushes, and I have a brush set I like with taklon bristles (artificial hair, which I think actually work better.) I really like French Vanilla, which I don't have from any other LG set. I put it on cheekbones and top of forehead and it's like candlelight.

The lipstick is good on me --I'm darkhaired and fair, so it works like a light red. The blush, you're RIGHT--it takes a delicate hand or different brush or it goes on too dark. And I used a liner brush (the little thin kind) wet for the dark shadow. The effect was pretty much what I'd use for evening, not day (gold shadow, highlighter) but I may wear it to our office Christmas party.

I think it's a good set for "dressy" makeup.

Esteemed Contributor

From what you said here, it doesn't sound like it's a keeper at all. I didn't order it because the colors were just way too harsh. I didn't even like the lipstick on any of the models. I thought they looked harsh and way over done. I'm glad I passed on it. I never did care for her brushes. The only brush I ever like of Laura's was the huge brush that came with the oversized balance n brighton.

Honored Contributor

Excellent review. It sounds a bit as if you're maybe trying to make it work, but I agree with the previous poster that this does not sound like a keeper.

I, too, did not like the look of the powder highlighter on my cheeks or near my eyes when I tried it some time ago.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

agree with you ladies, is a bit on the harsh side, for me anyway, so I do have it packed and ready to go back. I was so looking forward to getting this and hoping I loved it but unfortunately this one I don't.

I do think they should show a highlighter like this someone with dry skin or has fine lines at the eye so we know how it would be for us but guess that's not going to happen.

I always believe in giving an honest review both here and on a product web page so others now not everything is the best or perfect for everyone.

I will say I do like the mascara but that doesn't justify in keeping a kit.

I do hope this kit works for others. I do like LG and enjoy watching her shows.

Honored Contributor

I ordered it but haven't even opened it yet. It's been a rough week. I'm not even sure why I ordered it. I didn't need it and although I love Laura, I've never cared for her make-up so we shall see. I'll report back.