Respected Contributor

Anyone use Skinn DermaPeel??

I want a hydrating peel when my skin gets flakey. The SSC gromage works good, but it's more like a drying mask. Hows the DermaPeel? Any good prices too?

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone use Skinn DermaPeel??

I wouldn't call DermAppeal a hydrating peel. I love it, but it's an exfoliating, resurfacing scrub.

Respected Contributor

Also, can anyone suggest a lip scrub??

Respected Contributor

Skinn's Sugar Lips scrub.

Valued Contributor

I'd recommend the dermappeal for when you need extra exfoliatiation and skinn's watermelon mask for when you need extra hydration. you can find both for cheaper on ebay, just look at the sellers reviews before you buy!

Esteemed Contributor

It's great on the feet.
Super Contributor

I love it, but a downside is that it is very heavily fragranced. That is going to be a huge turnoff for some. I can't use his cleansers because they have too much fragrance that I believe is unnecessary. There are a few kits online but a single purchase from the bay might work although with that you likely couldn't return the product. What are you looking for in an exfoliator?
Esteemed Contributor

What JLF said - it's not hydrating by any stretch of the imagination. I don't use it in winter because it's drying. It's fabulous for re-surfacing and exfoliating. It does have a heavy fragrance, but it doesn't bother me.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

I have dry skin that can get flaky. While I do like the dermapeel and use it a couple times a week it is not moisturizing. It's an exfoliant. It gets the flakes off wonderfully so the skin under can get properly moisturized. For a mask I use the skinn biocell mask. I like it a lot better than the skinn wrinkle soak for my dry skin. So far since I've started the skinn products this summer I haven't gotten dry enough for flaky skin. I hope you find something that helps. Dry flaky skin is so uncomfortable.
Respected Contributor

Skinn's Watermelon Mask is great for dry skin. Dermapeel is not a mask as the other women have mentioned. I do like it even though I have dry skin. However, I hydrate a lot during the winter. I read somewhere that you must hydrate within 5 minutes after bathing otherwise your skin is already at the dehydrated point. Many people do not like Dermapeel's fragrance as it does have a strong peppermint scent.