Contributor

Ever Have a Skinn Review Deleted by ShopHQ?

I have been deleted twice this week. The day and night cleansers were causing eye irritation (making me cry all day long) after I used them. This is something recent because earlier in the year, I did fine and loved them. But the current formulation contains something that I cannot get near my eyes, which is unfortunate because I loved the nighttime one that smells like creamy oranges to remove eye makeup. So I didn't give a great review because of the sensitivity but recommended them to others. ShopHQ "moderated" it by deleting. So I went back on line and made my review simpler by stating they caused my eyes to tear up. (I was thinking my review might be too long or confusing.) Again, the review was deleted. What is up with this? Do they want honest reviews or only reviews that rave about Mr. James and how wonderful all his stuff is? Has a review of yours been deleted if it was not 4 or 5 stars?

Super Contributor

Re: Ever Have a Skinn Review Deleted by ShopHQ?

Hi OP,

I gave a so-so review because a foundation color was too dark. I don't think it was deleted. Actually, I believe that's a fairly common complaint. But, anything is possible. If they deleted your review, I think it's an over reaction. Anyone can have an allergic reaction to skin care and cosmetic items. Can't figure out why they would delete it. Also seems unnecessary since most of his products sell out so quickly.

Super Contributor

I love Skinn but the cleanser has too much scent in it. I can't use them.
Respected Contributor

On 12/15/2014 catladyinCA said:

I have been deleted twice this week. The day and night cleansers were causing eye irritation (making me cry all day long) after I used them. This is something recent because earlier in the year, I did fine and loved them. But the current formulation contains something that I cannot get near my eyes, which is unfortunate because I loved the nighttime one that smells like creamy oranges to remove eye makeup. So I didn't give a great review because of the sensitivity but recommended them to others. ShopHQ "moderated" it by deleting. So I went back on line and made my review simpler by stating they caused my eyes to tear up. (I was thinking my review might be too long or confusing.) Again, the review was deleted. What is up with this? Do they want honest reviews or only reviews that rave about Mr. James and how wonderful all his stuff is? Has a review of yours been deleted if it was not 4 or 5 stars?

ShopHQ has been noted for this. I've experienced it myself and was pretty irritated as they send out emails soliciting reviews. It is the shopping channel and not Dimitri. He was made aware of it recently and was pretty upset.

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor

No, but I had a jewelry review rejected by them.

I have no clue why - said it "violated standards."

I did not use bad language. The only thing I can think of is that I said something like it was very small, and I wondered how everything looked bigger and better on television.

However, they could have deleted that part and let the rest of it stand, IF that was the issue. I was pretty detailed in why I didn't care for it.

I even emailed customer service on it, and they just sent back some canned response like thank you for your something or other.

So, I will return the ring, and may not ever purchase from them again. Penny wise and pound foolish on their part.

Hyacinth Wink

Trusted Contributor

Yes, and it's across the board - not just with Skinn - it's jewelry - everything. I never say anything that bad that it shouldn't post. I too have reported it to the BBB and corporate. I have also on more than one occasion been shorted products, received broken, defective, items and the list goes on - hence my report to the BBB where they are A+ rated. That too was rejected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I've never been a fan of ShopHQ's reviews. The Q and HSN are much better at keeping all reviews up (bad or good). I always like to do a google search instead and check out reviews on other sites or blogs (even youtube reviews), especially for beauty items.

Super Contributor

I always do reviews on HQ, I have never been deleted for a bad review, believe me I check!!!

Super Contributor

I submitted a 3 star review on a Skinn product noting that while I really like most of his products, that particular one missed the mark. That one did not even get posted. Not even rejected. Just totally ignored.
Contributor

I rarely write reviews, especially bad ones. I did write one for a kit that contained the lip balm, the lip polish and a lipstick. I was very disappointed because the lip stick did not work and I could not use it, I called CS and they told me they would send me out another one. It never came, I looked and it had been cancelled. I called again and they said they would credit me $5 for the unusable lipstick. That was one of the reasons I even bought the kit. Anyway, I wrote a not so great review about the malfunctioned lipstick and how Customer service wasn't all that great. I got a rejection email...go figure.