Super Contributor

Need a recommendation for Shampoo that really cleans hair but does not strip color. Not interested in Wen.

I've been using some sulfate free Giovanni stuff and it's not helping.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need a recommendation for Shampoo that really cleans hair but does not strip color. Not interested in Wen.

Try Nick Chavez or HSN sells a product called tweak=d that Dennis Simeoni sells and they can't keep it in stock.

Respected Contributor

Re: Need a recommendation for Shampoo that really cleans hair but does not strip color. Not interested in Wen.

I like Living Proof Full Shampoo.

Trusted Contributor

Awapuhi, Paul Mitchell (or) Bedhead, TiGi, depending on your color
Respected Contributor

I color my hair a medium vibrant red. Reds fade quickly, so I use LOreal sulphate free shampoo Alt Tag Loreal Paris Alt Tag Loreal Paris

I don't conditioner since none of these sulfate free shampoos strip my natural hair oils, but cleans very well and doesn't weigh my hair down. I also use Shea Moisture's Thickening Shampoo from WalGreens.

Yucca & Baobab Thickening Shampoo

It is sulfate free and doesn't require a conditioner for my super fine, super thick, red hair. It gives it tons of volume. I rotate between those so buildup isn't a problem. I have also done the CC but find they only work about once a week for me, Bioterra and Herbal Essence versions. I just get greasy/oily hair if I use them more often than once a week, so they are done as my weekly conditioner and use them to do the wash/condition after I do my coloring. I do two applications of CC at that time and use it for the first two washings after I color my hair so I really hydrate since I use ammonia based color.

Super Contributor

Suave with Moroccan argan oil. It is amazing stuff is a wonderful Scent
Respected Contributor

The Loreal Everpure strips color from my hair. its very drying.

Honored Contributor

I like the Suave shampoos

Moroccan and the Keratin

I also just tried Finesse shampoo for colored hair and my red/brown color seems to be lasting.

Respected Contributor

Hello, beautyq. Smile

I haven't tried these, but Nick Chavez sells a shampoo and conditioner called Color-Saver Sulfate Free Shampoo and Color-Saver Paraben Free Conditioner.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

Paul Mitchell's *Color Protect* line always worked well for me when I used to color my hair.