Super Contributor
What Skin care line did you leave and become a SKINN fan? Watching my first shows today but wow, where does someone begin???
Super Contributor

Hi Cheezit, I was confused/frustrated a month ago when I started by just the number of products. On where to begin: there's another great SKINN thread, started by catlover, with tons of helpful information and advice for people new to the line. The SKINN gals here are wonderfully helpful and exceptionally knowledgeable.

I started just last month with three skincare products that were recommended by various posters independently. My skin is oily. All three worked beautifully without breaking me out.

(I gather that people with dryer skin would actually use the same products but added richer moisturizers, such as the Youth Preservation 24-hour cream.)

1. Collagenesis Stem Rejen Elite Age Delay Facial Serum

2. Translucence Resurfacing cream(deep wrinkle protocol)- a blue bottle.

3. DermAppeal microdermabasion - a kind of scrub.

I'm going to check out more items in the deep wrinkle protocol line from the December TTV. (the creme reverse, the abc peels, and the new serum, Age Reset). Hopefully I won't feel I need ALL of them.

I've tried some of the other scrubs & a few eye and lip products. They're good, but so far not in the same league as the first three.

Next on my list to try out: cleansing masks (maybe) and neck and hand creams/

Super Contributor

oops, forgot to answer your first question, Cheezit. I didn't really have a skincare line before; I used a Cetaphil cleanser and a hypoallergenic spf moisturizer (Purpose or Neutrogena). I was fine through my 30s and 40s. In my 50s I started wondering about Juviderm and the like- but I'm not excited about the expense and invasive techniques. I was about to get started on Truenova, a RetinA cream, available by prescription (and also expensive). I thought I'd give SKINN a try first. I'm very thrilled I did.

Occasional Contributor
What a fun question! I have used skincare from Perricone, Philosophy, and many brands that start with Dr. something. I've been watching more ShopHQ lately and gave Skinn a shot. Glad I did because I love almost every thing I try. Don't forget the cleansers...am, pm, and body wash, and then the body moisturizers. Plus, Dimitri is just plain fun.
Honored Contributor

I still use Adrienne's meltdowns, Andalou Naturals, and Juice Organics. I have ADDED Skinn to what I already have been using.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor
I was using a combination of La Mer, Chanel, Origins & Sebamed before trying Skinn products about 6 months ago. Still using up some of the Sebamed, but have transitioned from the other brands to Skinn & Isomers skincare. Very happy with the results, quality, and savings. I do miss the beauty events at Neiman Marcus when I would stock up on La Mer, but now I still shop there for fragrance and some unique beauty brands + Chanel nail polish.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I've never had a skincare line I was loyal to so I don't have one that I left. I am rarely impressed enough with a product to buy it again.

I am also not 100% loyal to SKINN but I do seem to use more SKINN products than other lines. I am actually a repeat buyer with some of his products. That is almost unheard of for me.

I actually first used his products when Dimitri had a line of skincare products on HSN years ago. I started buying from him again when I learned he was on SHQ.

Where to begin? Good question. Look for lines that are recommended for your skin type or specific skin issues. Do a lot of reading and watching his videos. Read reviews.

Be careful or you'll end up with too many products. It is easy to become overwhelmed. Keep it simple & start with just a few, then try a few more. Dimitri is on often & always has great deals so don't feel you have to try it all at once.

Contributor

I used Philosophy and Isomers but was always frustrated at the lack of results that were promised. I started using Skinn about two years ago and haven't looked back. My favorite line is the Crème Reverse Youth Protocol line. I also use the Stem Rejen for face and eyes, the Youth preservation cream, and the lipid serum. I still use my Exfolikate because I love it and won't give it up. I use the AM cleanser only as the PM is just too rich for my skin. Because his kits are large and reasonably priced, you can try things without breaking the bank ( he has a TTV about every 4-6 weeks) . He is a fountain of good skin information...if you can get past the narcissism and just focus on the info.

Super Contributor
Left philosophy and Paulas Choice. I'd start with dermapeel and Stem Rejen. Those two will not disappoint. Don't overwhelm yourself because there is so much. You can always branch out to cosmetic products later
Honored Contributor
On 12/14/2014 all said: Left philosophy and Paulas Choice. I'd start with dermapeel and Stem Rejen. Those two will not disappoint. Don't overwhelm yourself because there is so much. You can always branch out to cosmetic products later
Yes, great suggestion for a starting point-skin care 1st. My 1st buys were the DermaPeel-amazing immediate results, the fab Watermelon mask, and the 3 Stem Rejen serums-face, eyes, lips. Each visit/TTV usually includes a great skincare kit-it's an opportune time to try/buy. Dimitri said there will be a new skincare TTV in Jan with a new product.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri