Honored Contributor

What is the best exfoliator for delicate skin?

I need some exfoliation for clogged pores and have delicate skin. I used Clarisonic sensitive when it first came out and it took the skin off in patches! I need something that isn't a brush. You gals know pretty much everything! Please share your thoughts! Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: What is the best exfoliator for delicate skin?

I like Dr. Denese's Facial Firming Pads. My skin is pretty delicate too. I cut them in half, (an idea I got from this board) and use a half pad all over my face, about 5 nights a week. I really like them for exfoliation.

Super Contributor

My mature skin is sensitive, and I use PTR's Unwrinkle Pads every morning.

Honored Contributor

Foreno Luna, much gentler than a Clarasoinc, I have the real one there is a thread about the dupes on here somewhere.

I have very very delicate skin and it does not irritate me at all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I use Paula's Choice BHA lotion. I have sensitive skin and like this a lot.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

On 12/14/2014 NickNack said:

I use Paula's Choice BHA lotion. I have sensitive skin and like this a lot.

I totally second that NickNack! I had a Clarasonic for years and realized it was what was causing some broken capillaries on my face. Stopped it and no more appeared. I started using Paula's Choice 2% BHA Lotion (not liquid...it was to strong for my sensitive skin) about a year ago and I just love it. Gentle exfoliation every day without using granules that are too rough or liquids that might burn. It also has no essential oils in it to cause irritation. I just went to the derm for my yearly check and he commented on the skin on my face....said it looked ""really really good""! I am 67 and I don't ever want to be without it! I also use the PC light moisturizer with spf and love it too. Her tinted moisturizer is wonderful for a light coverage. It is all I use in the summer. I think she makes amazing products at a reasonable price.

Valued Contributor

I 3rd Paula's Choice BHA. I also use AHA. I'm done manually exfoliating. This is chemical exfoliation.
Super Contributor

On 12/14/2014 valeriecherish said:

I like Dr. Denese's Facial Firming Pads. My skin is pretty delicate too. I cut them in half, (an idea I got from this board) and use a half pad all over my face, about 5 nights a week. I really like them for exfoliation.

Those are great. I have not used them in years but I remember how wonderful they were. Are they still the same formula?
Respected Contributor

Paula's Choice BHA!
Super Contributor

Look up reviews for Cure Natural Aqua Gel. I love it when my face can't handle roll-up-the-sleeves exfoliation.