Better Than Black Friday
151 Members and 14340 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

HELP with Wen fragrances

Started 1271454807.67 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1271476210.813 by ssojourner
replies

Hi, those who have tried it, can you tell me if

1) Does the Sweet almond mint smells more like almond or mint? Is it nice, is it strong?
Sweet, what?

2) Does his lavender smell like real lavender or is it an interpretation of lavender. How do you like this scent.

I'm trying to decide, I got the fig last time, when I received it I thought it smelled very odd, sort of strong and different, not like any fig I've eaten.
I have not used anything in the set but the balm as hand cream, at first I thought is smelled like when lipstick goes bad or rancid but now I'm getting used to it and maybe even like it. It kind of grows on you. As a hand balm it's really great, it's too hard to rub on the back of my hands so I scratch a little off and use that, I don't think I will ever use the balm in my hair.

Now I want to try another one and the almond one sounds nice. I figure I can always use on my dogs if I don't like them as hair products.

Page 1 of 1
c_la_vee1271454918.7071832 PostsRegistered 9/2/2009

And I look forward to using the cleanser in my hair but I just hennaed my hair again so I'll wait a bit as I'm not familiar with this product.

streetangel1271455900.846379 PostsRegistered 12/19/2007Near Harrisburg, PA

I like the Sweet Almond Mint's scent AND the minty feel when I use it.  I got the gallon last summer and it was my first WEN experience.  I gave a 16 oz. bottle to my daughter-in-law for Christmas and she absolutely LOVES it.  I have to say, though, that I was quite surprised to find that the Fig works the best on my hair, which is waist-length, thin and straight!!!!  I thought the Fig was more for very thick hair, so left it for last in the TSV set of 5 I ordered in December!  I've been using it on my scalp and the Sweet Almond Mint on the middle to ends of my hair.  When I finish up the gallon, I will probably stick to just Fig.

I love the Lavender scent, by the way.  I think it's a true herbal lavender scent - not imitation at all.  If you like lavender, you would like the scent.  Some ladies think it's too strong-smelling, but I don't, and rather liked the aromatherapeutic effect it has in the shower, but alas, I did not find it the best formula for my hair type!  Hope that helps!

Mary

~~Cats are God's furry angels on earth, without wings~~
~~I bleed Black and Gold for the Pittsburgh Steelers!~~
~~Proud of my 18-yr old granddaughter, who's in the Army Reserves and just married the soldier of her dreams!

c_la_vee1271467196.51832 PostsRegistered 9/2/2009

Thank you streetangel!

Yes you helped, I think I"ll just stick with the fig for now, see how I like it before getting others.
Thanks.

ssojourner1271476210.81397 PostsRegistered 11/29/2009

Streetangel was right on re: scents.  I think the best one to start with is the Sweet Almond - I find that one works the best so far (I got the 5 scents back in Dec as tsv).  The fig is not a great smell and I find it drying and didn't add the "oomph" the Tea Tree and SAM did.  Tea Tree had a bit of a cooling effect so might be nice in summer but if getting today's tsv, I'd say SAM all the way :)

Page 1 of 1