Super Contributor

Beautiful goodbye to Lisa...

When I left my job after twenty years (okay, I had to do it abruptly, with no goodbyes due to illness in the family) I got a card. The video tributes to Lisa are so lovely!

Respected Contributor

Re: Beautiful goodbye to Lisa...

One thing I did notice is that some of the hosts were left out -- the same ones she didn't mention on her blog.

Super Contributor

Very nice. But I wanted to hear from HER. I thought she would announce her future plans, but I guess not. I am very sad to see her go.

Honored Contributor

I thought the tributes from the vendors were heartfelt - sure, she's done a great job for them for so long, but they seem to like her. That's quite telling.

I liked the final show - Lisa did her thing and in the background just like at a wedding reception, the party noise was in the background in another room. I suspect the noise bothered some people because it did me for about 12 seconds. Then my years and years in the middle school kicked in and I didn't hear anything I didn't want to. Great legacy for me from that job.

Honored Contributor

On 12/12/2014 valeriecherish said:

Very nice. But I wanted to hear from HER. I thought she would announce her future plans, but I guess not. I am very sad to see her go.

I'd bet part of her agreement with QVC was that she couldn't use her on air time to pitch her next endeavor.

Trusted Contributor

I wondered if they were left out or opted out ~ at least from the recorded messages shown tonight.
Super Contributor

They were -- very touching. After that long, as you know, it's difficult leaving people who you've essentially "lived" with for so long -- and hard for them to see you go!

Honored Contributor

I was sure she would NOT reveal future plans.

Super Contributor

On 12/12/2014 millieshops said:
On 12/12/2014 valeriecherish said:

I'd bet part of her agreement with QVC was that she couldn't use her on air time to pitch her next endeavor.

I don't think they ever do -- they ALL say "to pursue new opportunities"...

Super Contributor

I guess she couldn't say anything. I just hope she doesn't disappear. It almost feels like losing a friend.