Frequent Contributor

am I the only one feeling meh about makeup this year?

just curious if I'm the only one who has been feeling less than thrilled or excited with the different makeup kits and specials offered this entire year and Christmas time. I have felt that this year stuff that catches my eye at first excites me but after a second look it just doesn't thrill me both on here Ulta and Sephora. it has been a very low spending Beauty year for me because of this. just curious if I'm the only one who feels this way.
Honored Contributor

Re: am I the only one feeling meh about makeup this year?

I am with you on this. Usually I am really excited about the holiday makeup kits but this year nothing has really wowed me. I bought a few things but they aren't holiday kits, just individual items. It was pretty uneventful on the holiday kit homefront.

Valued Contributor

Me too, it seems to be a rehash and the kits seem to be the same. I swear Tt palletand Tart are the same. No excitement!
Respected Contributor

Not sure if you were only talking about kits, which I don't usually purchase, but I am excited to have discovered the "it" matte eye shadow pallet. I am so impressed with it that I got rid of the rest of my eye shadows.

Frequent Contributor

I bought a couple Laura Gellar kits from Ulta, and the Mally $25 mystery bag--- but I agree! usually there are fun and exciting holiday kits all over Sephora especially. This was a sad year.

Valued Contributor

I'm feeling sort of let down and disappointed. I wanted the lorac mega pro pallete and that was supposed to be their big holiday palette and they sold out in days in November and never even made it to stores. They say on their FB page that it was limited edition and they aren't making any more. That left a bad taste in my mouth. Smiley Sad. Last year I liked the Tarte set from Ulta with the quads you can put in a portable palette. This year all the colors look the same. They are all brown and taupe. There are 2 peach blushes and 2 pink ones that look nearly the same. I think last years was better.
Honored Contributor

No mehkeup for you this Christmas I take it.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it is because the colors of shadows e c t seem to eventually be stuff you already have. There is only so many colors that they can create.
Respected Contributor

I have so much already that I need to use up. Makeup is also getting expensive and I'm not stupid. I know how much this cheap stuff costs to make it.

Valued Contributor

I love the bareMinerals TSV that I received a few weeks ago. It is fantastic!