Super Contributor

Dry skin facial cleanser recs!!

I go through this every year but for whatever reason my skin decided to get crazy dry 2days ago. I've been keeping it in check with my Pond's moisturizer. But I need some good cleanser recs asap....it doesn't matter if its high end or drug store! Thanks!

(I was using a Estee Lauder one but it doesn't seem to be doing it job)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dry skin facial cleanser recs!!

Pond's Cold Cream (cheap and sold at any supermarket) - or - Skinn PM cream cleanser (not so cheap and sold on ShopHQ).

I have oily skin except in winter. It's like a whole different complexion grows onto my face after mid-November every year. I use Pond's consistently till spring. I also sometimes use it as my nighttime moisturizer.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

My dry skin loves Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk and has for years. I buy at my local Whole Foods or Pharmaca drugstore, but lots of places sell online. I use it every evening. A great tip I learned from a dermatologist years ago is that I should not be washing my face with any cleanser twice a day because I was exacerbating my dry skin. So, I cleanse only at night to take off makeup, etc. Water on my face in the morning comes only from my morning shower. I don't use my cleanser then also.

Contributor

I have extremely dry skin all year. I found (per past comments on this board, thanks, ladies!) that CeraVe Hydrating cleanser is the only one I've tried that does not leave my face with that "tight" feeling after cleansing. Note that the pump container says "Hydrating" as CeraVe has a similar cleanser that is less moisturizing. I wish Costco carried this hydrating version. On another note, I only cleanse my face at night; in the morning I simply splash my face a couple times with warm water as I think too much facial cleansing with water is drying. Additionally, I opt for an occasional oil cleansing which my skin loves.
Super Contributor

Thank you!!! These help a lot and once my dry skin starts its lasts til early spring lol

AspenGrove-I have a WholeFoods by me so I will check it out!

AuntKaffy-I have heard good things about the CeraVe!

Tototwo-I use Pond's cold ceam for makeup removal for over 10yrs lol would you believe I have never used it to wash my face?! I also use the Ponds dry skin cream wich helps. My skin is the same but started late lol

Honored Contributor

On 12/12/2014 AspenGrove said:

My dry skin loves Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk and has for years. I buy at my local Whole Foods or Pharmaca drugstore, but lots of places sell online. I use it every evening. A great tip I learned from a dermatologist years ago is that I should not be washing my face with any cleanser twice a day because I was exacerbating my dry skin. So, I cleanse only at night to take off makeup, etc. Water on my face in the morning comes only from my morning shower. I don't use my cleanser then also.

30% off Dr. Hauschka's products at Whole Foods today, Sat and Sunday.

Also Pharmca Integrative Pharmacy's website has 25-30% off their products as well with today (friday) free ship.

Honored Contributor

Not cheap (but still cheaper than Tatcha) but I absolutely LOVE One Love Organics Cleansing oil. I have drier skin too that has become slightly sensitive over the years and this is the only cleanser than has never left my skin feel dry, tight, or irritated. One bottle lasts a long time since you only need 1-2 pumps for your whole face. It even takes off your eyemakup with irritating your eyes. You can find it on various websites with 20-25% off. Currently Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy's website has 25% and free shipping today. I usually pay around $28 for 4 oz.

Super Contributor

CeraVe hydrating cleanser. You can get it @ Walmart and target.
Super Contributor

Thank you all again I ended up only going to Target and got the CeraVe Hydrating cleanser!

Super Contributor

YUP---Cera Ve HYDRATING cleanser.