Super Contributor

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation...

First of all Laura Mercier has 20% off and free shipping on any purchase for those interested. Second, does anyone use the silk creme foundation? I've been wanting to try it for awhile now, I need a good long wear full coverage foundation. I'm wondering if it's drying? I don't have dry skin but a lot of the full coverage foundations dry out my skin. I'd appreciate any advice, thanks!
Frequent Contributor

Re: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation...

I love this foundation! I have very dry skin, and it covers beautifully, has a very light feel, and is not drying on me. My skin still looks natural. I encourage you to try it!

Super Contributor

I am going to try it again after watching LisaLisaD1 on Youtube (and others)...I got a sample today from Blue Mercury.

I recommend looking at the YOUTUBE tutorials---Lisa did one just yesterday.

My daughter used to use this, but I think it was too much for her young skin---gave it a grayish cast---maybe she had the wrong shade.

I just tried the NARS Sheer Glo and I do love it.

Honored Contributor

I have Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, and the foundation in a jar. The one you mentioned is very highly rated. I am actually interested in her brand new one (Fluide). I received a sample and it is excellent but not sure if it is for very dry skin. You have to read the descriptions on her website for details. Good luck.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I used to use this all of the time. I was reluctant, because I'd heard it was for drier skin, and that's not me either. A LM MUA tried it on me and I loved it. It gave me good coverage and didn't feel dry on my skin. I used the illuminating tinted moisturizer too. Smile