Frequent Contributor

Anyone know of an excellent substitute for Joan Rivers wonderful hand cream?

I just squeezed the last little smidgen from my stash of her hand cream in the pink tube. No matter what you say about Joan's face care products, the hand and foot creams really worked as promised. I remember her saying the reason older ladies always wore gloves was because aging hands were hard to disguise. Being a Ped/Neonatal RN, my hands only survived due to her hand cream. So now looking for a replacement then does not cost an arm and leg to use!! Anyone?? Thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone know of an excellent substitute for Joan Rivers wonderful hand cream?

I'm interested in finding a good hand cream as well! I've good things about skinn hand cream, but haven't tried it yet.
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone know of an excellent substitute for Joan Rivers wonderful hand cream?

On 12/11/2014 Persephonel said: I'm interested in finding a good hand cream as well! I've good things about skinn hand cream, but haven't tried it yet.

I have been using the Skinn for about a month now. I really like it, but only use it on the backs of my hands (it leaves a protective layer.) Have to warn you, tho.......it has a very herbal aroma.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I havent checked the ingredients on the hand restore but I detect patchouli in it. I keep it by my bedside and use it on the backs of my hands before I go to bed.

Respected Contributor

I loved JR hand cream and wish I could still get it, nothing has worked like this did.

Respected Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Persephonel said: I'm interested in finding a good hand cream as well! I've good things about skinn hand cream, but haven't tried it yet.

I use Lotil, a British cream. They know all about bad weather and chapped hands. It has very little perfume and it heals those cracks up overnight (especially on cuticles.) Not greasy.

Honored Contributor

My fav is Gold Bond unscented.

Super Contributor

Bliss Lemon & Sage are fantastic, and after rubbing it in two times, it exfoliates the skin off like Joan's did, and leaves it as soft. Actually,, any of their combinations will.

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing - absolutely nothing! - helped my hands like Joan Rivers' hand cream. I've searched for years and finally 'settled' for the Skinn Hand Restore. It also helps with the dry, peeling skin I sometimes get around my nails, so I use it on every part of my hands, from wrist to fingertip, and rub it around my nails at least twice a day.

With the Hand Restore I also use Skinn's Spot Brightener directly on dark spots. I'm happy to say every spot is gone!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I never used Joan's hand cream but I use and really like Josie's hand cream. It protects, leaves my hands soft, and importantly, doesn't leave them sticky.