Respected Contributor

New Product, Gold Bond Rough and Bumpy Skin Cream

This is new in stores. I purchased some after seeing the ads on TV. Have used it for 3 weeks or so now, and have seen a significant improvement in those little bumps on my thighs (that have been there since age 13 despite using multiple product) - I don't remember the name of the skin condition, but others on this board have mentioned it. Not zits, just multiple little bumps, very rough.

This product works (so far, at least). If you have this skin condition, try this product. Cheap, too.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Re: New Product, Gold Bond Rough and Bumpy Skin Cream

Thanks. Think it's called keratosis Polaris, not sure of the spelling. I get it ,ostly in summer so I will wait and try it then. Thanks again.
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the review.Smiley Happy I've been happy with other GB products.
Super Contributor

BeautyAddiction, you're thinking of Keratosis Pilaris (KP) the skin condition where excess keratin traps the hair follicle in the skins pores and causes the bumpy skin. Harmless but annoying. Over the counter lotion Carmol 10 (10% Urea) was what I used for years to keep my KP under control but of course something works and they discontinue it!
Hydroxyethyl Urea is in the new GB cream, close enough for me to try it. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

I have seen the ads and wanted to try it. Our WM doesn't have it yet or I couldn't find it. It is on amazon, but about $5 higher than it is in the stores (according to reviews).

Since I live in the boonies, I might spend the extra and buy it anyway.

I've got KP on my arms and I hate it. I've had it all my life. My dad had it and my brother had it too.

Honored Contributor

Mima, Target has it and they are offering free s/h through x-mas.

I bought a tub of this because Target had it on sale, plus there was an extra percentage off in Cartwheel and I had a coupon so I got it for next to nothing.

I have KP on the back of my upper arms. I use and have had great success with Amlactin lotion but I figured if I can find something as effective as Amlactin for cheaper, I'd give it a shot. Amlactin is $13.99 and the tube isn't as big.

I've not tried the GB yet because I still have some Amlactin left. The only thing I don't like about the GB is the fact that it's in a tub I will have to keep sticking my fingers in to dig out.

Respected Contributor

On 12/12/2014 LipstickDiva said:

Mima, Target has it. At least the stores in my area.

I bought a tub of this because Target had it on sale, plus there was an extra percentage off in Cartwheel and I had a coupon so I got it for next to nothing.

I have KP on the back of my upper arms. I use and have had great success with Amlactin lotion but I figured if I can find something as effective as Amlactin for cheaper, I'd give it a shot. Amlactin is $13.99 and the tube isn't as big.

I've not tried the GB yet because I still have some Amlactin left. The only thing I don't like about the GB is the fact that it's in a tub I will have to keep sticking my fingers in to dig out.

Thank you for the info. No Target here either. I might just order it off Amazon.

When I buy something in a tub, I scoop some out with a knife or spoon (sanitized from the dishwasher) and put it in a smaller container. I use that up and then wash it and refill it. That way bacteria doesn't grow in it.

Honored Contributor

For some reason I don't mind smearing bacteria all over my arms and legs, but I cringe when I do it to my face. I have the 4 oz Philosophy Miracle Worker which lasts a long time for me and every time I use it I cringe. Why don't they put all these products in tubes and keep us all happy?

Respected Contributor

On 12/12/2014 depglass said:

For some reason I don't mind smearing bacteria all over my arms and legs, but I cringe when I do it to my face. I have the 4 oz Philosophy Miracle Worker which lasts a long time for me and every time I use it I cringe. Why don't they put all these products in tubes and keep us all happy?

LOL at the bolded.

Respected Contributor

On 12/12/2014 kathoderay said:

BeautyAddiction, you're thinking of Keratosis Pilaris (KP) the skin condition where excess keratin traps the hair follicle in the skins pores and causes the bumpy skin. Harmless but annoying. Over the counter lotion Carmol 10 (10% Urea) was what I used for years to keep my KP under control but of course something works and they discontinue it!
Hydroxyethyl Urea is in the new GB cream, close enough for me to try it. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Thanks. My arms seem to be fine in winter but not in summer so I will get it.