Respected Contributor

O/T ~ Amazon Prime, Anyone Having Problems?

I've had Amazon Prime for years and they are really slipping. I've ordered 4 items in the last 2 weeks and 2 out of 4 items are being shipping later than agreed.

I called them twice and was told they are really busy. I told them they new Christmas was coming and should have hired more employees.

My Amazon Prime will be cancelled soon!!! I'm ticked!!!

Surely I'm not the only one.

Respected Contributor

Re: O/T ~ Amazon Prime, Anyone Having Problems?

The yearly price went up, there are fewer Prime items and the ones that are Prime cost more. The shipping stinks - it takes two days and then they transfer it to the Post Office - huh!
Frequent Contributor

Yes I've had it happen too however its been rare. I do understand though your being upset when this is the time of year that most people rely on their being prompt and having to pay extra ( 99.00 now) there should be some kind of compensation when they are late. Have you asked for a credit to your account? I have and its worked for me.

Super Contributor

If they item doesn't get there by the delivery date you can contact them and have your primes extended by 1 month
Respected Contributor

Thanks. I will do that next time.
Honored Contributor

I've had no problems at all. Some of my things are getting here in one day. I buy from Amazon ALOT. No complaints from me. I think they do a terrific job overall.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I've been burning a hole in my Amazon Prime acct! I've been ordering soooo much lately and like clockwork I get all my Prime orders in two days flat! I surely would NEVER cancel my Prime acct. A lot of other companies should take a hint as to how to treat their customers!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I buy from Amazon almost on a daily basis, I find their customer service above all others out there. Any issue I have is resolved quickly and easily.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I very rarely have that happen. In fact, I just received a $6.90 "like new" book (retail was $24.95) from a seller but with fulfillment by Amazon Prime. It was shipped UPS 2nd Day Air, which probably cost more than the item.

If I were to receive something more than one day late, I would contact CS and expect some type of credit.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

weird, my friend was just complaining about the EXACT same thing! She said she placed a few orders on Saturday, all Prime eligible, and that they show that delivery will be Wed and Thursday. Um, last I checked that is not 2 day shipping! She said it happened several times total in the past month so she contacted Amazon and they apologized for the "frustration" and gave her a month of free prime (added onto her year). What I don't get though is if they aren't fulfilling their end of the bargain you can't even cancel and get the remaining months back so you are stuck and have no real recourse if they don't come through. I don't have Prime but I just assumed that if you cancelled anytime during that year then they prorate it. Guess I was wrong!