Honored Contributor

First impressions of my recent Lipstick Queen haul

I bought two sets of lipsticks when the site had its flash sale a week or so ago. I bought one set that included Saint Nude, Saint Pink, and Saint Rose -- the Saint line is sheer but buildable and has no shimmer.

I also bought a set of three Butterfly Ball lipsticks that included Float (a nude), Trance (a raspberry), and Moment (a red) -- the Butterfly Ball line is also sheer, with a "hint" of shimmer and iridescence and to me feels like a lipstick/gloss hybrid.

I swatched all six colors, and they are all beautiful shades, very wearable. I applied Saint Nude and topped it with Float. I'm not generally into nudes, but I do like the look and the feel of these-- very moisturizing. I'll post again after I've applied the other shades and worn them for a bit.

But so far, I am very impressed. I don't like traditional opaque lipsticks (that would be their Sinner line), so these really fit the bill for me.

All are fragrance-free.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: First impressions of my recent Lipstick Queen haul

Thanks for the review. I have been interested in the Butterfly Ball line, but haven't taken the plunge yet!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I really like the Lipstick Queen line. I feel like they go on feeling moisturizing, but don't feel like they stay that way. I apply a balm and let that sit a while before I put my lipstick on, which helps. I think I have Trance and love the turquoise shimmer that shows up in the bullet, but doesn't show up as a crazy color on my lips.

Respected Contributor

Oh, she makes the best lippies!! I just love them. She makes the only red I can confidently wear, Medieval. Glad you are enjoying them!

Respected Contributor

They are such pretty colors but I noticed that they tend to ""travel"" beyond my lip line even with liner. I wish I knew a way of keeping them on because the colors are beautiful.

Respected Contributor

I love LQ! I probably have 6-7 of her lippies (shocking, I know), and they are all great. So glad you like them, Suzy!!
Honored Contributor

On 12/10/2014 SoftRaindrops said:

They are such pretty colors but I noticed that they tend to "travel" beyond my lip line even with liner. I wish I knew a way of keeping them on because the colors are beautiful.

Try Mally's Lip Fence, its invisible lip liner that helps keeps lipsticks and glosses from traveling.

Respected Contributor

On 12/10/2014 JMFINLEY001 said:

They are such pretty colors but I noticed that they tend to "travel" beyond my lip line even with liner. I wish I knew a way of keeping them on because the colors are beautiful.

Try Mally's Lip Fence, its invisible lip liner that helps keeps lipsticks and glosses from traveling.

Thanks.. I will definitely try it. I held onto the lipsticks whereas usually I would have tossed them. The colors are just so beautiful!

Honored Contributor

I always apply a lip balm before I apply lipstick. It acts like a base. I don't like the way I look with 'just' lipstick.

SuzyQ-I'm so into *nudes* and I'm glad you're trying them out. Every one should at least give them a try, even when they look gorgeous in deep dark shades of lipstick. Totally switches up the look!

Honored Contributor

On 12/10/2014 Lucky charm said:

I always apply a lip balm before I apply lipstick. It acts like a base. I don't like the way I look with 'just' lipstick.

SuzyQ-I'm so into *nudes* and I'm glad you're trying them out. Every one should at least give them a try, even when they look gorgeous in deep dark shades of lipstick. Totally switches up the look!

Hi, there, Lucky charm. I don't do deep dark shades either. My preference is for mid-tone, and I especially like berry or rose tones. But I can use the nudes (they aren't totally naked, btw) in these two sets as a base or to tone down darker shades. That works well for me.

Wow, these six lipsticks are full-sized. The Butterfly Ball ones retail at $24 each, and the Saint at $22. By my calculations, the flash sale ($28.80 for each set of three and free ship/no tax) saved me $80 and change!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland