Super Contributor

Favorite Nighttime Moisturizer

What moisturizer do you use at night? High-end or drugstore. Please, also include what type of skin you have.

Don't bother mentioning Creme de la Mer. I think if we could disregard the price we all would use it.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Favorite Nighttime Moisturizer

Medicine Mama's Sweet Bee Magic

Combination/Rosacea

Honored Contributor

Currently I am using Ponds Clarant B3 with Rosehip Seed Oil over it.

Honored Contributor

I sometimes use Marula oil and if I don't use that I will use acure Organics night moisturizer both from acure Organics and under $20. My skin is now balanced so it's normal.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I have normal skin with an oily t-zone. I use Clinique's moisture surge moisturizer at night. It is a gel-like formula and does an excellent job of delivering or retaining moisture as I sleep. Although itis not greasy, I could not wear it in the daytime, my makeup would slide off.

Honored Contributor

F1Wild, I use Paula's Choice Skin Recovery (the one without SP) at night and usually pat a drop or two of Marula oil over it.

(I won't mention Creme de La Mer -- oops, just did -- because it would not be on list regardless of price).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Cerave in the pump dispenser. I always use a hydrating face spray (Body Shop Vit E) first and then sometimes Argan or Jojoba oil too beneath the Cerave.

The presentation of product is marketed as a body lotion but it's practically the same formulation as the 'facial' moisturizer. I previously used the Cerave PM in the wee bottle but came to realize the big pump dispenser lotion is just as good.

I once used all those top brands like Lancome and Shiseido but I gave all that up. I remember paying $100 for eye cream - I wouldn't even buy a 99c one now!

Super Contributor

I used up all my marula oil and thought I would try something new. I got Caudalie Vinosource Overnight Recovery Oil and I love it. It has grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, rose essential oil and another oil in it. Love the way my skin looks and feels in the morning.

Esteemed Contributor

I am on my second jar of Oil of Olay moisturizer. I think the first jar was called Night of Olay, but the one I am using now is called Age Defying. I don't really see any difference between the two. It is a jar of pink thick moisturizer that you can find at the drug store. It is not expensive, smells nice, and makes my face very soft until I wash it off in the morning. It feels really nice when I put it on at night. I have become very skeptical of any night time treatment that promises anything but moisture -- such as reducing age spots & wrinkles.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

On 12/10/2014 Pagan said:

Cerave in the pump dispenser. I always use a hydrating face spray (Body Shop Vit E) first and then sometimes Argan or Jojoba oil too beneath the Cerave.

The presentation of product is marketed as a body lotion but it's practically the same formulation as the 'facial' moisturizer. I previously used the Cerave PM in the wee bottle but came to realize the big pump dispenser lotion is just as good.

I once used all those top brands like Lancome and Shiseido but I gave all that up. I remember paying $100 for eye cream - I wouldn't even buy a 99c one now!

Interesting that you should post this. I use the pump dispenser Cerave lotion (for normal to dry skin) as my body lotion now. I had been wondering whether it could also be used on the face.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland