Regular Contributor

Baby Wipes for removing makeup

After many years of using Almay makeup remover pads, I discovered baby wipes do a pretty good job -- and are sooo much cheaper! But the brands are not all the same. I recently bought the Publix brand and they were awful -- dry and thin. I would like to know what brands (Huggies, Luvs, etc.) you gals like.

My routine is to use the wipes at night, followed by a warm washcloth. I don't like makeup on my face or pillowcase!

Honored Contributor

Re: Baby Wipes for removing makeup

I don't know whether baby wipes would really clean your skin well enough especially if you use foundation, etc. It might be o.k. for a pinch hit once in awhile.

If you like baby wipes though, try the kind that Aldi's sells. They are very nice. Gentle, and very inexpensive!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Makes sense to me! If they can remove poop, they should be able to remove make-up!!

Honored Contributor

it's the ""thought"" that turns me off (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I've used baby wipes for removing makeup -- bought them once on a friend's recommendation, but never again. I use a wipe to remove the first layer of makeup, then follow-up with cleanser to remove everything. The only time I use a wipe is when we travel (and we travel a lot!) because I don't like to get makeup on white hotel washcloths.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I sometimes use huggies fragrance free and pampers fragrance free. I usually use Olay or neutrogenia wipes then use ptr cleanser.
"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I have tried baby wipes and havent found one I really like so far. I did recently just try Skinns wipes and like them a lot but dont like the thought of always having to order. I am still searching for the right wipes in the store. Sometimes, it is great just to wipe my face at night when I am tired.
Honored Contributor

I've been using baby wipes for years because I'm convinced women depend too much on their facial cleansers to remove all their cosmetics. They scrub and scrub, then wonder why their skin is dry and irritated.

I started using Walmart's brand (Equate) and liked their version of the "natural" water and aloe unscented wipe. Then I tried the one with shea butter. Not bad, but a tad too "scenty" for me.

Then I saw a sale on Huggies and stocked up on their unscented aloe and water and a green tea scent. Both have been just fine. A good size for a wipe: Sturdy, soft, and moist. I've tried Pampers (it's been some time but I don't remember having any issues) and a variety of Brand X/store brands. I'm happy with the Huggies right now. Costco routinely has the large boxes of wipes available with a coupon, so I'll probably grab one of those next time I need to stock up.

I use the wipes to remove my makeup, then use a Paula's Choice cleanser. I also like the wipes because they provide a bit of exfoliation. If you haven't tried them, give it a shot. I just don't see the point of washing and rewashing until my face is raw. I think my cleanser is more effective when it doesn't have to battle the paint. And I use less.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

On 12/10/2014 just bee said:

I've been using baby wipes for years because I'm convinced women depend too much on their facial cleansers to remove all their cosmetics. They scrub and scrub, then wonder why their skin is dry and irritated.

I started using Walmart's brand (Equate) and liked their version of the "natural" water and aloe unscented wipe. Then I tried the one with shea butter. Not bad, but a tad too "scenty" for me.

Then I saw a sale on Huggies and stocked up on their unscented aloe and water and a green tea scent. Both have been just fine. A good size for a wipe: Sturdy, soft, and moist. I've tried Pampers (it's been some time but I don't remember having any issues) and a variety of Brand X/store brands. I'm happy with the Huggies right now. Costco routinely has the large boxes of wipes available with a coupon, so I'll probably grab one of those next time I need to stock up.

I use the wipes to remove my makeup, then use a Paula's Choice cleanser. I also like the wipes because they provide a bit of exfoliation. If you haven't tried them, give it a shot. I just don't see the point of washing and rewashing until my face is raw. I think my cleanser is more effective when it doesn't have to battle the paint. And I use less.

I've used Baby Wipes for years, and don't notice any difference between them and the more expensive wipes. My favorite is Huggies. Gets off all makeup and no irritation. Tried Pampers and didn't like them at all. I tried the Skinn wipes, and while I really like the Skinn line, these just didn't do the job. Not good with eye makeup at all.

Super Contributor

I have used several brands of baby wipes for several years and now buy Equate brand (WalMart). I don't use wipes for eye makeup remover, alone. I use Neutrogena Oil-Free eye makeup remover on a baby wipe. I have tried many cleansers, including Purity by Philosophy, and it didn't do a very good job of taking my makeup off and didn't budge my eye makeup, and I don't use waterproof anything. Purity made my skin tight and dry, and I have combo skin.

Baby wipes for me.