Valued Contributor

New to Skinn Products--Need Recommendations

I'm not real familiar with all the products; so, I need some recommendations for which products I'd want to use for older skin. Fortunately, my skin is good and I don't have too many lines or wrinkles but I would like something for the small lines starting around my eyes, 11 lines and "smile" lines. I don't really need a cleanser as I've used Purity for many years and love it but I could use a mask. Recommendations, please.

Super Contributor

Re: New to Skinn Products--Need Recommendations

I'm hopping in to recommend the Stem Rejen serums to begin with. Only caution -- his new formulation for the Face and Eye serums contain algae which cause breakouts in some people. (If you tried Algenist, you'll know whether this applies to you).

The Face serum, to a lesser extent the Eye and Lip products, are my "non-negotiables". From there you can try different moisturizers, oils, etc., if you need them.

I don't care for the Olive Oil cleanser (but love the makeup removing cloths) because I feel it doesn't rinse off well enough. Some love it. I DO like his am cleanser, but have found others I like just as well.

People love his Watermelon Mask. It's nice, but not a "can't live without" for me.

The good thing about Skinn is he offers such great kits when he appears on HQ, and you're able to try several items you might be interested in.

Were you thinking of anything in particular?

Valued Contributor

The Collagenesis line in general is very popular for lines and wrinkles. There is a duo with the StemRejen face and eye serum. Also the Collagenesis youth preservation cream as a moisturizer.

The Secret Elixir oil is my favorite, especially for nighttime hydration.

DermAppeal microdermabrasion mask and Wrinkle Soak watermelon mask are amazing, and currently in a duo.

I'd hold off on ordering until this weekend for when Skinn is being presented. Just be weary that Dimitri is very good with sales and will make you want everything lol. They'll most likely be more sales and discounted shipping.

Trusted Contributor

I am fairly new to Skinn (about 6-8 months in) so I felt the same way and kind of got overwhelmed in the beginning. Now I have so much stuff, I am going to make kits and donate to the nursing home. What happened (at least to me) is that most of the Skinn items are in kits so you may only want 1 or 2 items in that kit. It's much cheaper to buy kits, but I don't tend to like everything. I am 55 and have minimal lines and wrinkles and normal skin (not dry not oily). I have over the last few months chosen my non-negotiable products. They are the skin softening essence, the stem rejens and DWP collagenesis line (and absolutely, positively 100% the lip 6X - everyone needs that). I am also a fan of his nutri vital and huile oil combo (that's the blue and clear oils - very reasonably priced). Most days I use the collagenesis creme reverse because it is not greasy and my make-up goes on smoothly. At night, I alternate with the oils and/or the stem rejen with the 24 hour youth preservation cream. I will definitely be purchasing the TTV of the DWP kit that Dimitri will be presenting this weekend and that is my suggestion to you. Even if I don't need it, the cost of creme reverse alone will make the kit worth it. That's how I wind up with so many products - GOOD LUCK in choosing and keep all us Skinn lovers posted on what you decided on and how you like the products.

Valued Contributor

To NYCGRL-Sorry to appear really dumb, but what's the TTV or DWP? Also, which 6x product? I think there's more than one.

Super Contributor

I'm a pretty recent Skinn convert and completely understand how the products & kits can be a bit (okay, more than a bit) overwhelming. I made the mistake of ordering several things, throwing them at my face all at once then having a reaction. I then had to backpedal to figure out the most likely culprit. On top of this I have a bunch of medical issues so I'm still not convinced the reaction was due to the Skinn.

Something I didn't realize at first was that Dimitri/Skinn is on every month so you can place yourself.

Now, I'm using (and loving) the AM & PM cleansers, DermAppeal Microdermabrasion (2-3 x week), Midnight Secret Elixir (nightly-love!), Stem Rejen Elite eye serum & eye balm (AM & PM), Lip 6X balm, plus other, non-Skinn products.

I tried the Stem Rejen Elite face serum, but may/may not have had a reaction to it. I just started the eye serum without a problem. I also tried the Collagenesis 24 Hour Youth Preservation Cream although it was a bit too heavy for me.

This weekend a new serum is being launched that I'd like to try. I'm also interested in the Creme Reverse as a lighter moisturizer and since both of these are in a kit I'll probably order it.

Just beware! When Dimitri gets down on one elbow and looks directly at the camera, you will fold...and order...and order.

Honored Contributor

I have really enjoyed watching Dimitri on his shows, but haven't really jumped on board since I'm happy with what I'm currently using. The one exception is his DermAppeal. I was a little concerned at first, using a scrub on my face, but holy moly is that ever a nice skin resurfacer. I still use my usually exfoliating products, but the DermAppeal gives a super smooth finish. I only use it a couple of times a month. IDK, maybe I'll use it more after I use up some of the other stuff I have.

Super Contributor

On 12/11/2014 patticakes said:

To NYCGRL-Sorry to appear really dumb, but what's the TTV or DWP? Also, which 6x product? I think there's more than one.

I hope you don't mind my popping in with this info.

I'm pretty sure TTV is "Today's Top Value", ShopHQ deal of the day. DWP is "Deep Wrinkle Protocol", one of Skinn's product lines. The 6X product I use is the lip balm that comes in a cute little compact. HTH!

Respected Contributor

TTV = Todays Top Value

DWP = Deep Wrinkle Protocol (line)

6X = his lip 6X products, serum or balm

Trusted Contributor

On 12/11/2014 SeaGal said:

TTV = Todays Top Value

DWP = Deep Wrinkle Protocol (line)

6X = his lip 6X products, serum or balm

Yes. Thanks for responding. I've been offline for a couple days. I didn't buy today's little black dress special, but I did buy yesterday's DWP kit. Hope everyone enjoys their Skinn haul.