Super Contributor

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

Beauties, anyone own this? How have I not heard of this before now? Is it really as magical as the reviews I,have seen? If you use it, could you please tell me about the sparkle factor for the shade you have? I would greatly appreciate it. TIA ~smiles, SnowKita
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

I just have the Ethereal, the white one. I'm super pale. ZERO sparkle. I do not think it is magical at all, lol.. It's OK. Maybe the other ones have more effect. I do love the compact though - I can be a su(ker for a nice package

I also bought one of the Ambient blushes - I really like it, same style compact but a bit smaller. I have the Diffused Heat.

Valued Contributor

I have the palette and Mood. I think it's the Radiant Light that has the most sparkle which I can only see in sunlight. It's more of a sheen. It's very finely milled. Mood is magical to me. I use it all over with a fluffy brush or I use a really dense brush and pick up a lot and use it as a highlighter. I also really like Dim, which is in the palette. I would suggest you do what I did and go to sephora and try a couple on. Maybe two colors, one each side of your face. It won't look as noticeable as you think. See yourself in different lighting and see what you think. It wasn't until I got outside to my car and looked in the mirror and was like *wow* Smiley Happy.
Contributor

I tried the Dim, and I used an IT powder brush to apply it; something about it looked odd on me, like it almost changed the color of my skin. So I bought the brush because people rave about how that makes the powder apply so much better..........nothing changed for me with the brush so I returned them both. For $80 for both, it needed to make me look amazing or I wasn't keeping it! Now I did buy the 3 pan blush palette and love it so much that I got rid of most of my other blushes and won't use anything else.

Regular Contributor

I purchased several of the Hourglass ambient items during the 20% sale - the ambient lighting palette, the blush palette, and Mood. I returned all 3. There wasn't a huge difference, but then again, I like a more dewy/luminous look than those gave. I ended up purchasing the Becca shimmering perfecter in Opal and the liquid version in Pearl. I love both!! So much better than the Hourglass powders.

Super Contributor

I got the Diffused (yellow one) to try to tone down some temporary redness I was experiencing. It didn't do that (like a corrector, don't know what I was thinking), but it's a lovely finishing powder to take down the shine of my sunscreen.

I was hot to trot and wanted them ALL but became distracted by other goodies, so have yet to try more. At the time, Cardamom painstakingly described each shade in the palette plus the Mood, so those will probably be what I pick up next. And maybe the blush palette, too. :-)

Skinn's knock-off version is called Candlelight and there are good reviews on that, too. One poster had both the Hourglass and the Candlelight and felt the Candlelight was almost comparable.

Trusted Contributor

I have had the ambient lighting palette for a couple of weeks, and am very happy with it. I use the medium color all over, the white for highlighting and the tan for cheeks. There is no noticeable shimmer or glitter, but it makes a big difference in the way my skin looks. I have some redness and large pores and this makes everything look more even. I will say that the price is fairly ridiculous. I had a Sephora gift certificate, so didn't actually pay for it.

Honored Contributor

I purchased the palette with 3 colors, can't remember which ones except I know Dim is in there and I use that one the most. I really like mine, and usually I just swirl my brush over all 3 to use. However I think using a liquid would be easier and probably look better on older skin....

Occasional Contributor

I have dim - not magical. I thought about returning but never did. I use it sometimes wouldn't repurchase

Frequent Contributor

I use dim with the hourglass brush. LOVE IT. It just gives a nice beautiful finish. Is it magical? No, but I love the look it give after my foundation or even just after BB cream. I think it's even nicer than mineral veil. I got mine at the 15% sephora sale in April about a year and a half ago and I've just about used it all, and I very rarely use up any makeup. LOL I bought a replacement at the sale in Nov and will probably have to break that out after Christmas. So it's pricey, yeah, but it's lasted me 18 months with pretty much daily use.