Trusted Contributor

I really hate buying with out smelling, but seem to do it all the time and then end up with something that I dont love .

Can anyone try to explain the scents - the Bergamon Pear and the Fig .

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I'm not good at describing scents, but for me, the pear was really nice and soft and the fig was awful.

Trusted Contributor

To my nose, the fig is almost masculine. When first applied, it's a heavy male cologne scent. It does dry down but still hits me as more male.

Pear is one of my favorites. I prefer lighter scents. This one there is a green note that really hits me and just smell fresh. Also, I really like the smell of bergamot which to me is a refreshing scent so this is perfect

Regular Contributor
I have only smelled the pear and i thought it was really gross, like cheap candy but what does pear smell like? Who knows...i would think the basil lemon is like the bliss brand which is very nice...dont know about korres.. i am partial to the guava which does not smell like any guava i have ever sniffed.
Esteemed Contributor

The only Korres scent I did not like was Fig. It smelled like pepper. Guave is my favorite because it is basically scent free. Pear is nice. Not too sweet, just clean.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

What does bergamot smell like? Is it citrusy? I know Tova has that scent in some of her scents.

Super Contributor

I love Bergamot Pear, it's my favorite Korres scent. To me it's a bright, fresh, yummy pear scent. I'm not sure what Bergamot smells like, but I love this scent. Fig is more masculine, but women can wear it too if you like that scent. I do sometimes like Fig, but I won't wear it all the time, I have to be in the mood for it. I tried Basil Lemon once and personally felt like it was too strong, I didn't like it. I really like Bliss Lemon Sage body butter, but the Korres Basil Lemon didn't not smell like Bliss Lemon Sage to me.

Sorry for the late reply, but I recommend Bergamot Pear before it sells out!

Super Contributor

It is very hard to describe scents. What it smells like in the tube, jar, etc will change once it's on your skin.

I just received my Korres hand lotions & I only like one of the fragrances - basil lemon. Not sure I want to keep them. They were going to be stocking stuffers. I wouldn't want to give any as gifts if I think they don't smell good.

This was my first Korres purchase. I'm going to give each one a trial run & see how effective they are & if the scent changes for the better.

You really have to try fragrances for yourself unless everyone says it doesn't smell good.

Respected Contributor

I just got the Korre's Mullberry/Vanilla set with cleanser...It smells just like what it says, I had never tried Korres before and got the special from the other channel...I really like it, and the quality of the lotion...I am going to try the hand lotion set to try the other scents as well..

Esteemed Contributor

I think the rep does a good job describing the scents. I like basil lemon & jasmine. The worst scent for me is the bergamot pear. The only one I haven't tried is the fig.