Honored Contributor

Does anyone know if you purchase something at a free standing Sephora store if it can be returned to a Sephora inside JcPenney?

I know if you buy a Sephora gift card inside Penneys it can only be used at the Sephora inside a Penneys' so I wonder how returns work. TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Question on Sephora Return

I don't know, sorry. I would call and ask.

Regular Contributor

If you go to the Sephora website,the info on returns is available. I do seem to recall that there are specific conditions,as in, the JC Penney Sephora boutiques are not interchangeable with free-standing Sephora stores. (All the info is also on the back of a Sephora receipt,too,if you happen to have one.)

Honored Contributor

Thanks. I did look online and don't see anything. It just says if you buy at a store, you can't send the return back to Sephora.com. It also says if you buy at Penney's and pay with your Penney's charge card, if you return at a regular Sephora store, they can't credit your Penney's charge.

I'll call and ask. Thanks ladies. I rarely return to Sephora so it's not usually an issue. LOL

Honored Contributor

yes you can. I've done it before and no issues.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think that you can return a Sephora's Inside Penney purchase at a regular Sephora. It has something to do with their corporate accounting of the two as separate businesses, making it very complicated for store personnel. Having said that, since I don't shop Sephora at Penney's and never personally dealt with the issue, I would call beforehand. The manager on duty can give you the true correct answer.

Honored Contributor

How much is the item worth? I once called on a Tarte lipgloss that came damaged, bullet was smashed. They told me to keep it and sent another one. I also had a Josie Maran lipgloss, part of a kit, arrive damaged, the doe foot was missing. They told me to keep that kit and sent whatever kit they were offering in place of it for free. Both of these items were ordered online, but give them a call, you may get someone in a good mood. If you are looking for a replacement I think you have a better chance of avoiding the store hassle.