Occasional Contributor

I've sent them out for years and did this year, but after talking to several people who have stopped, I'm thinking of stopping myself. Anyone have thoughts regarding sending Christmas cards? I feel like a dinosaur in a way, and I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. I'm an email administrator and do text and email. I was concerned about my older friends, but most of them either don't or can't do send them now or have passed away.

I will, however, continue to write thank you cards as long as I'm able. That's just me! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

I have not sent cards in years, but I do appreciate those that I do get and the effort put forth....

Respected Contributor

I love sending and receiving Christmas cards. My list is smaller, but I will still be sending!

Trusted Contributor
I just finished mine today. I love to send them. It shows people I am thinking of them.
Esteemed Contributor

My list gets shorter each year, but I do send some cards. I will see if I can get my dog to pose for a photo card by the tree tomorrow. DSs are in their 20's, so no more cute kiddie pix. Last year's card was a photo of them at #1 sons college graduation. We will do that again in 2016 when #2 son graduates.

Honored Contributor
On 12/7/2014 ellaphant said:

I love sending and receiving Christmas cards. My list is smaller, but I will still be sending!

Me too.
Valued Contributor

I still do it and I really enjoy it. Sounds weird, I know. I like getting them AND sending them. The one thing I don't do anymore is include pics of my kids with every card. Pics go in cards to dear/close friends and family. That's about the only change I've made.

Respected Contributor

I love to send Christmas cards and I write a note in each one. I have done it for forty years and I will continue to. It to me is tradition and it can really make a difference to some people and I think everyone loves getting something good in the mail!

Honored Contributor

I love sending them and getting them. I have cut down my list and I write a short personal note in each one. I do not send to people who I will see over the holidays. I dislike e-cards. I will not send them and do not like to receive them.

Respected Contributor

I enjoy it still. It's a simple way to keep in contact with far flung family and friends, and let them know you are still thinking of them.