Regular Contributor

what does everyone think about the drybar blow dryer they are having a tsv next week sometime. I need a new blow dryer and and a lot about these high end blow dryers are better for your hair, i just purchased the wen tsv last night now i need a good blow dryer to get the whole effect of a good styling products.

So if anyone knows anything about this blow dryer or has one please tell me what you think.

thank you.

Contributor
Bump. I'd like to hear someone's opinion too was thinking of getting this
Honored Contributor

It's a nice blow dryer. Sephora had this same combo at a better price plus 20% off plus free shipping during their big F&F event; I bought it then.

For the money, it's nice. I do believe you'll like it : )

Trusted Contributor

I don't have the Dry Bar dryer, but if you would like to do some comparison shopping try folica.com. They have a large selection of hair dryers, and offer good sales. I bought a $150 dryer there last year and only paid about $80. It is lightweight and works well. I'm still not sure I buy in to the marketing claims about high end dryers. After all - it just blows hot air.

Regular Contributor

i know sephora has the blow dryer i was gonna get that on f&f sale but missed out on that sale. qvc has it on easy pay where thats more afforable for me, i might give it a try

thank you for your reply.

Regular Contributor

i was reading some reviews on this and some say that its very heavy and only blows cold air does anyone have any information please.

Trusted Contributor
I've had it for over a week but purchased the $199 kit from Sephora instead. The first day it just blew cold air when I'd turn it on, but that problem seems to have gone away. Regardless, I ordered another one from Sephora, and will return the first because I feel like there was something wrong with it. Also the hot and medium heat feel the same, so I think there is a problem with the temp gauge on mine. Regardless of all this, it is the best blowdryer I've ever used. It is heavy, but not more than my old Conair. I used the volumizing shampoo with it for a few days and thought it was the shampoo giving me volume, but I used it yesterday and today with my Wen and a different shampoo and I'm not kidding, it gives my hair more volume. I don't know how a blowdryer can do that, but it does. My hair is straight and fine, and it looks so much fuller with this blowdryer. It has a really nice sound (not high pitched), it is cute, and my hair has looked better in the last week than it ever has before, so Im sold. Mr rebates gives 10% at sephora, and the sephora kit comes with two great brushes (I love the little yellow one) but the shampoo and conditioner are tiny. I see that Q has one brush and the rollers, and I think that $165 is a good value (4% back from mr rebates from Q). I would highly recommend giving this blowdryer a try if you are on the fence. I needed a new blowdryer anyway, and after watching all of the drybar videos I got really interested in this one. I am glad I tried this out - I use a blowdryer every day and have never owned one that cost more than $60. This is a pleasure to use and I hope that it lasts for a few years at least!!!
Occasional Contributor
I pre-ordered it last week (@$5 shipping). I've only used a couple times but so far I like it. I get a better result in less time. I don't plan to return it. I looked at sephora as well but didn't see this exact kit. For me this was the better deal. I am more interested in these add-ons and easy pay is worth the extra $10 dollars. To the girl who said her dryer is only blowing cold air - take a look at the booklet. I read that the cold button stays on until you turn it off. You might not have to exchange it.
Super Contributor

I preordered the TSV and got it about a week ago. I love it!!! It dries my hair faster than my T3 did and I've not had any frizz with it. My hair is mid back and has a natural wave. It's working perfect for me. I think you'll really like it. Plus, you have to the end of January to return it if you decide you don't like it.

Honored Contributor

I owned a T3 Featherweight for $150. I dropped it and it still worked but finally started sparking. Would I pay that much again, NO. You don't need to spend that much on a hair dryer to get the results and features you seek. I recently purchased a Babyliss Pro TT (white) for $52 with free shipping and has all the bells and whistles. I also saw this same one for $84.99 so it depends on who is selling it. Dries hair quickly without damage & frizz, lightweight, 6 settings plus cold shot. I also own the Babyliss travel dryer (another excellent product). Good luck in your search.

kindness is strength