Valued Contributor

Any Other Lotion/Cream Junkies Here Today?

Hi Ladies,

I know I've mentioned it many times here on the Boards, but I am completely addicted to lotions/creams/body butters/etc. It's been a life-long problem, but has gotten worse over the past few years. I'm always looking for the BEST one out there. Which, when you're fickle like me, means that you like a lot of "best" products. Cool

This week I've tried two new-to-me products:

1) First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream. Got this one in a tiny $10 kit along with a face cleanser @ Sephora. I really, really like this one. Small squeeze tube delivery, but the product comes primarily in a big tub. They have a newer, less dense, Lotion variety that comes in a pump, but I haven't read too many reviews of that one yet.

2) Kiehl's Grapefruit Whipped Body Cream. I could have that exact name wrong. Anyhoo, got a small tub of this. It's quite nice. I LOVE their grapefruit scent and used to wear their fragrance oil in Grapefruit and it was one of my all-time faves. About the same consistency as the other body creams in this line, but thicker than the Creme de Corps in the pump.

And another one I've tried recently:

3)Deborah Lippman's Rich Girl Hand Cream. I really, really liked this one. But even for me, who doesn't mind spending the $$ on something that works, could not justify the price. It's $28 for 3 oz. Which to me, is quite high. Plus, I noticed that I was going through it rather quickly. They make a large, pump bottle of this one that is $60, and apparently is a much better deal price per ounce-wise, but STILL. Couldn't continue with this one.

So, if like me you are an admitted lotion and body care lover, what are your faves? What have you recently tried that you just adore?

Oh, and I'm waiting on a small order from Pittsburgh Street Soapworks of a pump lotion of their version of Baby Grace.

TIA and Have a great Sunday!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

Re: Any Other Lotion/Cream Junkies Here Today?

I like Ahava and L'Occitane hand creams, but most recently bought some at the Avon store that I am happy with. I have to be careful with body lotions because many fragrances and whatever other stuff they add are not good for my skin--I often get contact dermatitis easily from such things. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

In the winter I use nothing but jojoba oil for my body lotion. It is pure, organic, moisturizing and doesn't make me break out in a rash! And it feel gorious!

Valued Contributor

Hi Vamp-I like L'occitane, too. And I have to be aware of overly perfumed stuff, in particular. I can't used perfumed laundry detergent or stuff like that b/c I get contact dermatitis, too. However, some scented lotions and brands have worked great, like Kiehl's and weirdly Philosophy lotions. I say weirdly b/c I don't typically do well with their facial skin care products. But I can happily use the Pure Grace lotion and be just fine. Go figure.

I've used jojoba, but not for many years. I'll have to re-investigate! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

yes, I am! I don't wear perfume really so I like a variety of scents and textures to use depending on my mood. I am pretty picky too.

Valued Contributor

On 12/7/2014 HappyDaze said:

yes, I am! I don't wear perfume really so I like a variety of scents and textures to use depending on my mood. I am pretty picky too.

HappyDaze-I like perfume, too. But it has to be the right one. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Very particular over here, too! And I often just wear a slightly perfumed lotion as my scent. I love Philosophy Pure Grace lotion in the big pump and I find that I get load of compliments when I wear this alone--without adding anything else on top.

Respected Contributor

Acure Body Lotions and Shikai Body Lotion are my favorites. They aren't perfumed, but they do a great job of hydrating the skin. For hand creams, I like Love And Toast. I also use Philosophy Whipped Body Cremes in PG and A.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I love all things Suzanne Organics. The body lotion, hand cream and body butters.

I stocked up on so much last January, I'm still using that stash.

Great healthy ingredients. Not putting anything harmful on my skin.

Trusted Contributor

Hello glmama,

Another lotion, body butter, soufflé, cream lover here!

My favorites are in no particular order:

Philosophy like their Firming Emulsions, body butters, soufflé, whipped body crème and Hope in A Jar for the Body. Too many favorite scents to list, but top 5 have to be Pure Grace, Lemon Custard souffle, Fresh Cream, Unconditional Love, and Baby Grace.

Kiehl's- Crème de Corps is the best unscented lotion that doesn't interfere with any fragrance.

L'occtaine- love their shea for winter.

Origins- their ginger line is incredible

Perlier- love their body butters and lotions. Shea and Almond, Honey, Honey Lemon and Honey Orange.

June Jacobs- Papaya Body Balm

I also really like Trader Joe's Pumpkin Body Butter and Pomegrante Body Butter.

Favorite handcreams in no particular order:

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream

L'Occtaine

Barielle

Philosophy Handmade

Perlier Honey

Crabtree and Evelyn La Source

Sorry so long a list, as you can see I'm a true lotion junkie!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Trusted Contributor

My current all-time favorite is Suave's Professionals with Moroccan Argan Oil (in the gold container). Love this stuff. Also have always really liked Gold Bond's ultimate intensive healing hand cream. I'm giving it for stocking stuffers this year to the girls at work (librarians get very dry skin). I don't do a lot of lotions with fragrances, as my skin gets so dry. In the dryer winter Michigan air, I stick to basics with lots of shea butter.

Honored Contributor

I also love body lotions/butters. Currently, my two tops favorites are by Laura Mercier -- almond coconut milk and pischaio (sp?). Both quite different scents from each other but very inviting. I receive tons of compliments on the almond one so I think it agrees with body chemistry. I still love Gud vanilla flame body lotion too. Of course, I have many other lotions, but too many to mention.

kindness is strength