Super Contributor

~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week, December Edition)

Hello, Lovelies, and Happy Saturday!

I was a bit late in realizing, it's been four weeks since I last posted a NOTW. I'll show you my favorite of the past month's mani's, although it's not Holiday-themed, I may post again this month to show you a more seasonal look.

This is what might be called a "skittlette" mani since each nail is different-but-related to the others.

I began with Nailtiques Formula 2 as a base coat (Formula 2-Plus on one fingernail, which seems to need extra TLC); then, OPI "Ridge-Filler" base coat to level out the nail surface.

On thumbs, middle and pinky fingers, OPI "Pink-ing of You", 2 coats,

Ring finger, OPI "Alpine Snow", 2 coats,

Pointer finger, Wet 'n Wild "Black Créme", 2 coats,

Seche Vite top coat.

Then, the fun and experimentation began: I bought a new striping brush as well as nail striping tape for those nail designs. I watched some YouTube videos and did some practicing with the striping brush, and thought I might be able to get a "good enough" result, but ended up re-doing a couple of nails and starting over with the striping tape, which gave a clean, crisp look but even with top coat and daily applications of Nailtiques, the tapes wanted to curl up at the naii edges, so I finally pulled them off and went back to the striping brush, which got this mani through the week.

I used Konad M79 image plate to stamp the thumb dots, Konad M3 for the middle finger bow, and hand-dotted the pinky.

Inspiration credit: @Lisa Mullins

http://oi62.tinypic.com/fpayza.jpg

Tell me, what have you've been wearing?

Lola
Honored Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week, December Edition)

Lola, absolutely adorable, love it!!! I finally found a polish for my natural nails that stays on good and goes on very smooth like silk. Sally Hansen Miracle Growth, good for the nails too. I do think it is now DISC, but I am able to get all shades on ebay at great prices. I took it twice now to my salon, stays on decently for 2 weeks, like it much better than Vinylux, that was a bust for me. I look forward to your next post. Be well, Shel

Super Contributor

On 12/6/2014 Shelbelle said:

Lola, absolutely adorable, love it!!! I finally found a polish for my natural nails that stays on good and goes on very smooth like silk. Sally Hansen Miracle Growth, good for the nails too. I do think it is now DISC, but I am able to get all shades on ebay at great prices. I took it twice now to my salon, stays on decently for 2 weeks, like it much better than Vinylux, that was a bust for me. I look forward to your next post. Be well, Shel

Thank you, Shelbelle! So happy you found "your" polish! Thank goodness for eBay, right?, when manufacturers discontinue our favorite products or the shades we love. I always "knew" there had to be someplace those items went after they were pulled from store shelves, but before eBay, didn't know where to find them. I tried Vinylux too, and the wear was good but since it is to be used without base coat, my ridged nails didn't look nice at all. Thanks, and well wishes to you too.

Lola
Frequent Contributor

Veru cute Lola! Can't wait to see what you come up with for Xmas. I'm sure it will be creative!
Honored Contributor

Sweet! This is a combination of two of my favorite things: The 50s and the 80s! Did you know there's a new radio station in ABQ? I've been listening to 94.5 FM -- all 80s, all the time. Perfect timing on this mani!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

How cute is that? This had to take some time to do. I like it. I must say I was surprised to read your ridge statement, I would never have guessed as your nails always look so nice. I really must get some Nailtiques Formula 2 for my ridged nails as they are getting more ridges by the day it seems.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Lola this is just too cute. I think Valentines Day when I see this mani. I love it.

Hope you all are getting your shopping done. I am getting there but not done yet.

I am looking forward to seeing a Merry Mani!!!!

Valued Contributor

Taking care of GS tonight, while his parents attend a holiday party and trying to watch the Big 10 game at the same time. Grandmamma can multi-task!

This a charming retro look that I l-o-v-e! I hope you can post a festive look for us later this month.

Happy Holiday Wishes to you and DH.

Cynthia

Super Contributor

Hi Lola cute mani this too could be a cute Christmas mani with the colors red, gold & black.
Honored Contributor

Hi Lola, I cannot begin to tell you how much I love this manicure. Pink and black has always been a favorite color combinations. One of my all time favorite suits was a black skirt with a pale pink, peplum jacket with black buttons. (big shoulder pads too)

I had a disastrous manicure Wednesday with bL the Black Knight.{#emotions_dlg.angry} By Friday morning I had 2 chips. (I NEVER get chips) We had a wedding Friday night, so covered the chips. BIG MISTAKE; by Saturday morning I had MANY edge and tip chips. I had to have a polish change as we had a holiday event last night.

Please, do check him with a holiday look, as I'm sure you have some photos of manicures of Christmas(es) past.Smile