Respected Contributor

Favorite Powder Foundation.....Help!!!

I much prefer a powder foundation over liquid. But I'm just not happy with what I've been using lately. I've used BM, IT, Bobbi Brown, MAC and Laura Geller. BM original makes my pores look huge and leaves a weird finish on my face that melts in a couple of hours. BM matte is better but doesn't give me enough coverage (I use over BM neutralizing primer.) IT is way too powdery looking on my face. Bobbi gives me decent coverage/finish but it's way too yellow on me. MAC and Laura Geller also give me decent coverage/finish but make me break out. I need more coverage because I have a bit of redness and broken capillaries on my cheeks, acnes scars on my chin and under my chin going towards my neck, and the pores on my nose are large.

I need coverage, but a soft finish, not too cakey or chalky, and a line that offers a wide range of colors. Aside from the redness I have going on, I have golden undertones, but I don't want to look yellow! So aside from what I've listed above, what are your faves?

Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite Powder Foundation.....Help!!!

Did you every try everyday minerals? They give you the option of ordering samples so that you can try different colors and formulas before you invest in a larger size. It is a great way to try something without investing a lot of money and have to return it.

Super Contributor

I feel like I have tried all the powder foundations because my skin is breakout prone & I prefer them over liquid. My favorites are Jane Iredale Amazing Base (loose mineral foundation) and Laura Mercier loose mineral foundation. In my opinion they use higher quality ingredients and are more finely milled so the finish on both is gorgeous! I am always getting compliments on my skin. I hope you can try them! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Everyday Minerals is great. They have sample sizes for you to try before purchasing, it gives great coverage without feeling dry and cakey. Also Alime Pure has great mineral foundations, also samples to try and theirs almost has a dewy finish! Both great lines with great prices!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Jane Iredale is a good one if you don't like BE. I haven't tried Everyday Minerals.

Esteemed Contributor

Have you considered Lancome's Dual Finish or Pur Minerals? Those are two of the best in the powder foundation category in my opinion (and powder is my favorite form of foundation). Lancome's color range is excellent. Pur has a decent range, but because it's a small brand they don't have 25 shades as Lancome does. Both are matte natural skin looking finishes, which can go from a light overall brush-on application to something more intense without looking chalky and heavy.

Contributor

My favorite powder foundation is Clinique's Perfectly Real. Doesn't look powdery and a variety of color choices. I have drier skin and can wear this without it looking dry.

Super Contributor

Have you tried dusting with BM bisque after applying BM foundation?

If you like the performance of the foundation and just need a bit more concealer, you might try the bisque.

If you need all over coverage, you might think about mixing bisque with foundation.

Michele

Respected Contributor

I think I'm over Bareminerals. Just can't seem to get any of the colors to work for me. And I don't want to always have to purchase multiples and mix. I can't get the coverage I prefer either.

Any thoughts on Laura Mercier? They have a mineral foundation.

Regular Contributor

Estee Lauder Double Wear powder foundation (full coverage).

Don't make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.