Frequent Contributor

Moisterizer/mask For Winter Skin

I was just wondering if anyone changes to a heavier moisturizer & hydrating mask when it gets cold? What are some of the products that you change to? Thanks
Honored Contributor

Re: Moisterizer/mask For Winter Skin

Generally speaking, no, I don't really change my routine. However, if I know I'm going to be out in the bitter cold for an extended period of time (cleaning the driveway, for instance), I will put a little cream moisturizer on (I usually us a thinner lotion type). A couple of months ago I discovered an overnight sleeping mask called Laneige Water Sleeping Mask. It's a really nice product and keeps my skin supple without feeling the least bit greasy. Laneige is a very well respected Korean skin care brand. I was delighted to find out that several of the brand items are being sold by Target. Unfortunately, my local Target doesn't have them in the store, but I can get the sleeping mask easily online. Another nice thing, too, is that Target is currently offering free shipping on any size order, now thru Christmas. The Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is something like $25 for a good size jar. It's recommended to use it just a few times a week, not nightly.

Trusted Contributor

I use jojoba oil and argan oil in the winter. Face and body.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Olay products year round. In the winter, I switch to their Regenerist Night Recovery Cream in the purple jar.

I found out about this when I lived in LA and my formerly oily skin dried out. I called Olay to find out what I could use, and CS told me about that one.

I'm not a night washer. She told me it was considered a night cream because it doesn't have a sunscreen.

I asked her if she had personal experience with it, or if she was reading from a script. She said she lived in MN, and used it during the winter as her moisturizer.

BINGO!

I haven't used it in a while since Olay comes out with new Regenerist products every year, but I'm getting some this weekend.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Isomers Antarcticine Cream, heavier, but not greasy.

Respected Contributor

Yes! Honest organic healing balm and Paula's Choice mask (forgot the name - in a burgundy tube) HTH!
Honored Contributor

Yes. I like the Origins Drink Up Intensive sleeping mask for moisture.

I also have a First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Overnight Mask, but that one doesn't moisturize well, so sometimes I put Drink Up Intensive over it or I pat argan or rosehip oil over the top of it before I go to sleep.

I really like all of the Origins masks I've used and also highly recommend Out of Trouble and Clear Improvement. The First Aid Beauty Radiance mask is also great, but again, leaves me skin dry unless I put something over it.

Super Contributor

The new ""sleep masks"" out there work best for me in winter. You just slather it on after you wash your face at night and sleep in it. My favorite one right now is AmorePacific from Sephora. But I have also used Korres with good results.

Super Contributor

On 12/3/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Generally speaking, no, I don't really change my routine. However, if I know I'm going to be out in the bitter cold for an extended period of time (cleaning the driveway, for instance), I will put a little cream moisturizer on (I usually us a thinner lotion type). A couple of months ago I discovered an overnight sleeping mask called Laneige Water Sleeping Mask. It's a really nice product and keeps my skin supple without feeling the least bit greasy. Laneige is a very well respected Korean skin care brand. I was delighted to find out that several of the brand items are being sold by Target. Unfortunately, my local Target doesn't have them in the store, but I can get the sleeping mask easily online. Another nice thing, too, is that Target is currently offering free shipping on any size order, now thru Christmas. The Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is something like $25 for a good size jar. It's recommended to use it just a few times a week, not nightly.

I also recommend the Laniege Water Sleeping Mask. I ran across this mask at Target and remembered several awesome forum members, including JeanLouiseFinch, recommending it. I've used it 3 or 4 times and agree it's quite nice. I use it once a week. One of the best things about it is that it's not too heavy, lets your skin breath through it. I have normal to dry skin, but hate anything too greasy. This mask does just what it says it will do.

Honored Contributor

On 12/3/2014 expatgal said:

The new ""sleep masks"" out there work best for me in winter. You just slather it on after you wash your face at night and sleep in it. My favorite one right now is AmorePacific from Sephora. But I have also used Korres with good results.

I wonder if the AmorePacific mask is like the Laneige since AP owns Laneige?