Trusted Contributor

Pastel Beauty Look for Holidays

I just got 3 holiday outfits for parties and the like. This year, I went with gorgeous pastels instead of black, red, gold or silver.

I'd like to do a pastel makeup look, (eyes, lips, cheeks) with only a hint of shimmer, NO heavy frosts or glitters.

I am NOT good at choosing makeup colors, but I know many of you really have a knack. I remain dark haired, blue eyed and medium/fair.

Any help?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pastel Beauty Look for Holidays

Emily Blunt does beautiful soft, pastel shades and sounds like her coloring is similar to yours.

And here is Scarlett Johannson

Trusted Contributor

You can just add a touch of pastel to the eyes. Personally, I don't care for too much pastel eye shadow, but you can use a soft taupe or grey and just accent your eyes with a touch of color, if that appeals to you. And I would keep the lips a soft, sheer pink.

Soft spring make up with blue accents @ katosu

Trusted Contributor

This is also a beautiful look and is very natural. Use shades of soft pink, lighter on the inside of your eye. It will really brighten your eyes. Soft grey or taupe toward the outside edges.

Super Light Pinks Eye Makeup Tips. This is a really beautiful natural look. I love this.

Honored Contributor

On 12/1/2014 Vamp said:

This is also a beautiful look and is very natural. Use shades of soft pink, lighter on the inside of your eye. It will really brighten your eyes. Soft grey or taupe toward the outside edges.

Super Light Pinks Eye Makeup Tips. This is a really beautiful natural look. I love this.

very pretty look! I like this alot!

Trusted Contributor

That's my favorite, too, HappyDaze. if you wanted to embellish it more, you could add just a touch of pastel purple or blue, but I think it's perfect exactly as it is.

Respected Contributor

On 12/1/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 12/1/2014 Vamp said:

very pretty look! I like this alot!

That is pretty!!
Trusted Contributor

Vamp!!! You were reading my mind! Those looks are gorgeous and just what I wanted!! Wish I knew the products used in the two eye looks...they are beautiful!

Anyone have any guesses?

Respected Contributor

I love pastel eyeshadows especially for the summer so soft and pretty.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry, Quinny, I looked at the original sources of those two pics, and neither of them listed the MU used {#emotions_dlg.angry}.

I would suggest you print out the pictures and take them to the MU counter of your favorite department store or Sephora, if you have one nearby. Show the pictures to the sales reps and ask them to help you recreate them. If you make an appointment ahead of time, they will even do your MU for you. Sometimes you can just walk in and get your MU done, but this time of year is so busy, I would suggest you make an appointment first. Good luck!