Honored Contributor

60's (+/-) Ladies........Come Join Us For December!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
~H~
Honored Contributor

Re: 60's (+/-) Ladies........Come Join Us For December!

.HELLO EVERYONE!! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
~H~
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the heads up, Helen, on the Nov. thread. Happy December to you too. It's my birthday month so I am always happy in December. Now all I want is some snow about a foot or so. Went out to Pier One to buy my Unicef Christmas cards. The lady told me that 100% of the proceeds go to Unicef. I use to buy them every year and will probably start again with this tradition. Pier One has really changed. Prices are too high on most things considering the quality especially on the furniture. You definitely have to wait for a sale.

I hope everyone is well or at least feeling better. This is the time of year to be thankful for just being alive or at least that is how I feel. all the little stuff that can be annoying is not important. Having your health, being happy & alive are important. So let's all have a wonderful December.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Katcat said it and I totally agree: " I hope everyone is well or at least feeling better. This is the time of year to be thankful for just being alive or at least that is how I feel. all the little stuff that can be annoying is not important. Having your health, being happy & alive are important. So let's all have a wonderful December."

Helen, thank you for our being our 'troop leader' and starting the December thread.

see y'all in December. have a peaceful night.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Good Morning! Found it! Yesterday went well, it was in the 60's and I didn't even need my coat, even for Candlelight last night. I got home early as Sunday nights aren't as busy for Candlelight as Saturday nights. I'm working today, so everyone have a great day!

Respected Contributor

HELEN---I love the (+/-) but I kind of wish I was on the minus side....the snowman(person?) welcome is adorable---I can't do any of that stuff with the I-pad. KAT---I used to go to Pier 1 all the time , a hundred years ago, but somehow I forgot they even exist. It used to be a great place to get reasonably priced, unusual items for the home. I never get to them but someone told me that Marshall's ,HomeGoods and tjMaxx are great....I don't know if they are regional. Happy December to everyone !
Regular Contributor

Thank you for starting the December thread, Helen! And for the "Welcome to the Group" picture, too.

Had a wonderful time at DD's. Newest DGD is cooing, gurgling, laughing, etc. She seems to be catching up to other babies her age, remarkable really for the rocky time she had.

I do very little Christmas shopping for the adults anymore, just a few practical gifts to unwrap & envelopes of gift cards for restaurants & spas. Older Grands prefer cash, easy enough for me. And best of all this year - DD, DDIL, & I shopped Saturday for toys, books & games for the youngest Grands. We filled our carts with the gifts that the kids wanted & wrapping paper & I purchased what I wanted to give them. DD's Nanny already wrapped everything while we were at dinner Saturday nite! It's all locked in a closet at DD's.

I hope all our friends with health issues are doing well, Spammom, Cindy, Corismom, & Puddles.

Waving to Mocha, Kat, RetRN, Shorelady, Loves, Hayfield, Danky, and all our friends who post here.

Stay safe, everyone.

Honored Contributor

So glad most have found the new thread. DANKY, I post from my Ipad too. The pictures above I do from Photobucket and I always cross my fingers that they post OK. I've had trouble with that App, so it's been hit or miss. I thought I'd do the "+/-" since we've had posters afraid to post if they weren't in their 60's....everyone is welcome. I'm so sorry about the loss of your husband. H2be, well, I'd say you definitely lucked out in the gift buying dept. this year. And getting them all wrapped too? Good for you! I'm so glad to hear your new baby GD is doing so well. Babies are so resilient; God bless her. Sounds like you're feeling better now? HAYFIELD, glad your day went so well yesterday; hope today is even better. KAT, I too, echo your words....especially as we get older; if we have our health we have everything. Hope to hear from those we haven't heard from in a while; praying no news is good news. FANCY, miss you; hope you're feeling better. Everyone have a great Monday and start to a new week.....Rain is headed our way for the next couple days; Yay!! It won't be enough, but we'll appreciate whatever we get!
~H~
Honored Contributor

Good morning, hard to believe that December is already here. I have my tree and home decorated for the holidays and I am trying to stay warm, the holidays are so much more relaxing since I retired. I am making cranberry walnut bread and cherry turnovers today and I am also enjoying listening to my Christmas CD's.

Anyone doing cyber shopping today? If so, I hope you find some good deals.

Thank you Helen47 for starting the thread and I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Regular Contributor

Good Morning Everyone,

And Happy December to you all. I can't believe December is here. That means I have one month to get myself ready for our loooong trip to New Orleans. I'm really excited about it and seeing my family there most of all. The days after my dreadful Thanksgiving ( sorry guys) but it all got much better. My DD and family arrived, weather was great, kids were too, they had a quick safe trip from Boston and we really enjoyed our Thanksgiving / Christmas together. My tummy issues improved and our snow was just enough. The kids went sleigh riding every day , most all day. Dear SIL helped to get the rest of the new blinds hung in the bedroom. What a difference that makes! Food was yummy and we actually sang favorite Christmas Carols. I got over my deep sadness from Thanksgiving, listening to the lovely music and the voices from all the girls. It helped for me to recognize my blessings and to put my inability to walk in perspective.

So glad we are all back together here. Thanks for the great company, listening ears, and kind hearts. Let's hope for a December that brings us all our wishes, good health, and gratitude for what we have, who we are, and for the Yuletide Season, no matter what faith brings us together.{#emotions_dlg.wub}