Valued Contributor

Check out the Wayne Goss video on youtube. He describes his favorites for mature skin that want a dewy finish and it's really thorough. He always gives fantastic make up tips. I ended up ordering one from Make Up Forever, the Liquid Lift foundation that he says never gets enough credit!

Honored Contributor

Re: Best Dewy Foundations!!!!!

I will check it out, right now I love Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk-best liquid foundation I have ever used, but am curious what other ones he talks about.

Valued Contributor

It's a really good video because he explains each foundation and how it helps your skin. I'm not a fan of the matte look. At my age it makes my skin look dry and lifeless. A dewy look perks up my skin and makes me look healthy.

Respected Contributor

Hate the matte look. Nasty!! Thanks for the info. I'm using Josie Maran and it's pretty nice. My old skin looks fresh and soft.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't believe in age and makeup. It's ridiculous! It's whatever looks good on you. I don't care if you're 30 or 60, makeup is makeup and nothing more.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks virgosun ..... I found the video but he talks so fast and holds up the bottles for such a short time that I was only able to catch the name of one of the foundations: The Makeup Forever Liquid Lift Foundation. Would you happen to know what the others were? TIA, Maria

Frequent Contributor

Okay, call me ignorant - but which video is it? I couldn't find one that came close to what you're talking about. He has at least a gazillion videos listed.

Linda

Honored Contributor

I'm in my sixties and have really good skin, but powder foundation does not work for me any more. I like BareSkin from bareMinerals and Plasma fusion serum foundation from Skinn,if you need the coverage BareSkin is better.

Esteemed Contributor

LadyBug ... go to YouTube and type in WAYNE GOSS THE TOP 5! BEST DEWY FOUNDATIONS. I'm pretty sure this is the one the OP was referring to.

Regular Contributor

I love Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer in lieu of foundation for a dewy/natural look for daytime at any age. Start with a good spf, then primer (I love Laura Geller's spackle for a dewy look), then tinted moisturizer, then a good concealer only in those areas that need it (blend well!) and finish with a light dusting of powder (not translucent, just a good powder matched to your skin tone, Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten is a good one if you can find a match for your skin tone). It is what I recommend to most my clients that need light to medium coverage after a consultation (I work as a skin consultant for a major company). I agree that Make Up Forever has a lot of great products and they offer great coverage for those skins that need it, but for some types of skin they can be drying and heavy looking if not applied well. I believe they started with performance and theater make up and that sometimes means heavy looking. Every skin is different of course, but a heavy looking foundation can make anyone look older. Ladies just take your time finding a good foundation or a good tinted moisturizer, concealer and powder combo. By the way, Make Up Forever also makes great concealers that hide a multitude of issues.