Trusted Contributor

Drybar Buttercup - mixed feelings

I bought this from Sephora because they had a nice kit for $199 with two brushes. It arrived yesterday and I used it last night and again today (I was really excited about it, so had to wash my hair two days in a row to play with it!). I'm having mixed feelings about it. It dries my hair well. It sounds nice (a deep purr) and feels nice. I like the buttons and the way that it looks, I have good hair, and I didn't notice anything particularly "different" about the drying time than wi my old Conair. The brushes are nice but nothing I can't buy on my own. The shampoo, conditioner and hairspray that came with the set are tiny (1.7) ounce trial sizes so they will be fine for travel but don't feel like a great value added. The Q TSV will be $165 with a full-sized hairspray and one brush....I probably should have just went with the Q version. Anyone else own this or buy the Sephora kit? Just looking for feedback from others.
Contributor

Re: Drybar Buttercup - mixed feelings

Hi CAshopper2011 I got the Sephora kit during F&F with discount it was aprox 159 and free ship. I am very happy with my ""deal"" and my purchase. I like their products so well (I mostly use b & b and Avada) I will be watching Q to see if there will be a products kit with a good value. If so I'll be ready. = )

-chi

Respected Contributor

I think Buttercup dries my hair in half the time my old Rusk did. I am super happy with mine.

Respected Contributor

On 12/1/2014 LisaB said:

I think Buttercup dries my hair in half the time my old Rusk did. I am super happy with mine.

I may order this since I really want a new hair dryer although this isn't a good time of the year to be spending money on myself.

Super Contributor

I advanced ordered the the TSV from QVC. I just got it today. I'm looking forward to trying it:-)

Valued Contributor

Hello CAshopper2011. Sounds like I purchased the same kit you did from Sephora. I used my VIB 20% off coupon and then obtained another 10% rebate via eBates or ShopDiscover. I don't remember. Otherwise, I don't think I'd have paid that much for a hair dryer. I don't care for either brush or the hair care products. It is less noisy than my old dryer, but I don't see a significant difference in the texture and shine of my hair that others comment about. Doubt I'll return it, but don't think I'd buy one again.