Esteemed Contributor

It Cosmetics CC+ Foundation in the Tube - Colors?

I ordered It CC+ Foundation in "light." Sadly, it's too dark for me. I always buy foundations in either "light" or "ivory" shades, so I'm a little befuddled that this is so dark on me. I've worn it 3 times so far - it's dark when I apply it and it seems to get darker on me as the day goes on.

For those of you who wear this foundation in the "fair," what are your opinions? Is the "fair" too yellow? I'm afraid if I exchange the light for the fair, it will be too light on me. Wish there was a color in the middle.

What do you think? I appreciate your comments.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics CC+ Foundation in the Tube - Colors?

You just voiced one of my fears, lol! I ordered the CC in light, but haven't received it yet. I previously had to return the IT Celebration Foundation in Light because it was so dark, even though I typically wear between light and ivory in other foundations, like you. I'm hoping that IT runs more true to color in liquid, rather than powder formulation.

Esteemed Contributor

Colonel Meow ~ Good luck to you! I hope the color works out for you - please let me know. The ""light"" looks like a bad fake tan on me -- not a good look.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

On 11/29/2014 tototwo said:

Colonel Meow ~ Good luck to you! I hope the color works out for you - please let me know. The "light" looks like a bad fake tan on me -- not a good look. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

LOL! that's exactly how the CF looked on me - like I went a little bronzer-happy, but not in a good way! I don't understand how Jaime says she wears the Medium. When I'm not self-tanning, she and I have about the same skin tone (complete with rosacea), but there is no way I could wear the medium.

Contributor

Hi. I wear the CC cream in fair, and I will warn you that it is very fair. I have pink toned fair skin, no yellow at all. The CC cream does not pull any yellow on me, but I need to use a touch of bronzer with it because it is that fair and makes me look really washed out alone. I believe if you fall into the light category AT ALL then the fair will be too light for you. I wear fair in BE loose and ready and fair in Doll 10 liquid (Doris Dalton) but they don't give me the fuller coverage or finish I'm sometimes looking for, which the CC cream does. Also, I don't have a problem with it going dark or orange on me throughout the day and I think the key is to use an extremely small amount. I only use as much as my pinky nail and get pretty full coverage on my whole face, any more than that an it goes cakey.

I hope this helps, I know how frustrating it is to find a good foundation match...ranks up there with jean and bra shopping {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Honored Contributor

I also ordered the light, it should be here Monday. Usually I order fair in foundations/powders, but thought it may be too light. I've read that many mix foundations to get that perfect color, but I'm not investing in two. If it's too dark, it goes back and I'll have to buy local.
Respected Contributor

I hope Jamie reads these threads where we say we need a shade between fair and light. Actually there is no true "light" shade. The light is light-medium with peachy-pink undertones(quoting Jamie when it first came out). On me, it's a little too dark and very peach. Medium was said to have an olive undertone, which they also never mention now, and it is much darker than light after it's applied. They used to tell you all this, but not anymore. The fair is neutral but very fair. I had a spot I saw on my neck one day and I thought , huh, am I getting vitiligo? Nope, was a spot of fair that accidentally got on my neck, and my neck is really very fair! So, I have both fair and light and mix or use whichever one I feel like but neither is perfect.

Regular Contributor

I use fair in the wintertime and light in the peak of the summer, and mix the two inbetween.

Super Contributor

I have heard lots of people fall in between shades and need to mix two together. Not sure if you want to go there. It is a great product. I am shade light/medium and I use the light and it is perfect.

Contributor

I've used this product for six months now, and I love it. I used Bare Minerals for 10 years, but never liked the dust or mess. I like the IT CC so much better. I am fairly light -- usually use an ivory in regular foundation and light in mineral makeup. I'm using the light in this product and it's just right. Gives me a touch of color without washing me out.