Super Contributor

Are you in your 50's and use a peel you love? I'm looking for an affordable peel that is chemical ( can't use abrasives like the Philosophy Microdelivery Peel as I have broken capillaries).

I love Skinn's ABC peel, but at $60 a month, that's just too much for me. Anyone recommend anything that costs less and still works?

Contributor
I would recommend trying Makeup Artists Choice. They have a nice selection of at home peels with great reviews, including one called Radiance Peel, which sounds similar to Skinn's ABC peel, a more mild peel with Mandelic (an AHA) and Fruit acids. They also offer Mandelic, lactic, salicylic, and glycolic peels at different percentages. Plus, you can order sample sizes of them at very reasonable prices first to figure out which works best for you. The Radiance Peel comes in a .5oz sample size for 14.00 or full-size 1oz for 25.00. I used 8 of Skinn's ABC peels before trying MUAC, and after using their 25% Mandelic Peel a couple times, I wouldn't go back. I've gotten better results for a fraction of the cost.
Occasional Contributor

I really like two peels that I order from the SkinPeelShop (dot) com

1. Multi Acid Fruit Peel (I apply this 2-3 nights a week and leave on)

2. Miracle Peel (this one can do a light/medium/or deep peel depending how many layers/nights you apply. I usually do 2 layers for 2 nights every few months. The 60ml bottle lasts me about a year.

Valued Contributor
I use SSC Glycolic peel. I use 4 or 5 drops most nights like a serum. That is not the way SSC recommends, however It works great and I love the results. Most of the time I use a moisturizer after the Glycolic dries/ is absorbed. I also quit using scrubs.
Respected Contributor
On 11/28/2014 fromallover said: I would recommend trying Makeup Artists Choice. They have a nice selection of at home peels with great reviews, including one called Radiance Peel, which sounds similar to Skinn's ABC peel, a more mild peel with Mandelic (an AHA) and Fruit acids. They also offer Mandelic, lactic, salicylic, and glycolic peels at different percentages. Plus, you can order sample sizes of them at very reasonable prices first to figure out which works best for you. The Radiance Peel comes in a .5oz sample size for 14.00 or full-size 1oz for 25.00. I used 8 of Skinn's ABC peels before trying MUAC, and after using their 25% Mandelic Peel a couple times, I wouldn't go back. I've gotten better results for a fraction of the cost.
ITA. MUAC offers the real deal and incredibly reasonable prices.
Valued Contributor
I've used many peels but got tired of the cost and some bad reactions. I've finally found the MOST AFFORDABLE and gently effective product from Philosophy (one of their few items I still buy): Daily Microdelivery Peel Pads. Get the supersize jar (about $50) and use just half a pad at a time (plenty of product for face & hands). I use half a pad every other night and there are 100 pads in that jar! You do the math --- and it's kept my skin clear and line-free without harsh ingredients. It's great for maintenance and long term I believe it's significantly improved my formerly sun-damaged aging skin. Try it and return if it doesn't help you.
Trusted Contributor

Another vote for Makeup Artist's Choice. Lots of peels to choose from, easy to use and very economical. They also have quite a selection of cleansers, toners, serums and creams to address just about every skin issue.

I'm not sure what issues you are trying to address with a peel but go to their website and read about their at-home peels. They provide detailed instructions and you can always call them if you are unsure which peel is best for you.

Also, read the testimonials to get a better idea of what products other people have used and the results they achieved.

Super Contributor

Ladies, thank you all for the recommendations!

Super Contributor

I ordered the MUAC Radiance Peel. Added on the Green Tea/Pomegranate moisturizer and the Peptide Serum. Can hardly wait to try them!

Respected Contributor
On 11/28/2014 chisos said: I use SSC Glycolic peel. I use 4 or 5 drops most nights like a serum. That is not the way SSC recommends, however It works great and I love the results. Most of the time I use a moisturizer after the Glycolic dries/ is absorbed. I also quit using scrubs.

I'm a "scrub" junkie. I have a scrub for every day of the week. However, recently, I had the thought that IF I "peeled" instead, I wouldn't need to scrub at all. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Is that Y you "quit using scrubs" ..?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."