Occasional Contributor

If anyone has tried Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and Dior J'Adore Eau De Parfum, what in your opinion smells better and why? I'm trying to decide what to get for a Christmas gift and I need some advice. Thanks in advance!

Respected Contributor

Coco Mademoiselle would be my bet.

Valued Contributor

Perfume is such a hard gift to give unless you already KNOW they...LOVE a particular scent..for me I've never cared for CoCO...So I'd pick Dior J'Adore Eau De Parfum.

But find out what scent they like...then go on Fragrantica..dot...com and if you type the scent you know they like...they will show you similar scents on the left side. This has been very helpful for me. I have bought so many scents that are so similar.

Honored Contributor

I love Coco Mademoiselle, its one of my favorites-however J'Adore smells really good too, it depends on their preference and the notes that they like-Perfume is very personal!!!!!

Super Contributor
Philosophy.
Super Contributor

I've tried both Coco Mademoiselle and J'adore and they are beautiful scents, but not similar. Coco Mademoiselle is a more oriental-spicy fragrance, while J'adore is more floral. I prefer the spicy perfumes, Coco Chanel is my all time favorite but it's a heavy scent. Coco Mademoiselle is sort of a lighter version to that but with sweeter notes. My mother wore J'adore and it is an elegant floral perfume. Like others mentioned, fragrance is such a personal thing and it's a risk to purchase as a gift unless you know they like that scent. Both of those perfumes are on the expensive side as well, so it would be a shame to pick one they don't care for. Do you know a perfume they currently use? If you could find out whether they prefer floral or oriental or musky tones it would give you a better idea. It's a lovely gift though.