Respected Contributor

I've been wearing this cc and really like it. The other day when Jamie was on, as part of her presentation, she mentioned that one doesn't need to apply primer. I took this tip and wore it without primer yesterday and by the end of the day it had melted into my skin. Absolutely no coverage.

Any tips, beauties?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

I don't wear a primer with it either. I wonder if your moisturizer was a bit too oily?

The only time I noticed it disappearing through the day was when I used a more moisturizing base.

When I just use a serum it stays all day.

Super Contributor
I love her CC cream, but like you like it much better with primer. I use Mally' poreless perfection primer. My skin looks amazing and the CC cream doesn't absorb into my skin. Looks great even after 8 hours. I hope this helps
Super Contributor

I do use a primer with this as I use a moisturizer and such under it even if they say you do not need to.

Esteemed Contributor

I just purchased IT CC and definitely need a primer - as well as with my Revlon makeup. If you're 8 yrs old with perfect skin - then I'd say you probably don't need the extra coverage.

These vendors don't know your skin type and/or problems. Do what works for you!

Respected Contributor

Ok - so I'm not alone. I did not apply moisturizer or for that matter, anything but the CC. I'll go back to using a primer. Thanks, ladies!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

Do you apply the primer over or under ?

Honored Contributor
I ordered it earlier this week. I should arrive early next week. I am hoping it goes on well without a primer. Thanks for the topic.
Frequent Contributor

I love the CC cream! Though I really can't see it covering like Jamie's hyperpigmentation, I like the way it creates a more evenly toned appearance. After playing with it, I discovered that for my skin, I cannot apply a moisturizer first. That combo just kind of slides around! Since I've been applying just the CC cream to a bare face, mine lasts all day.

It certainly won't take the place of a true foundation, but on my mature skin, the coverage is perfect as it doesn't gather into my fine lines or look cakey at all. I just ordered another 1 from the IT site with the discount, which I believe is over by now.

Super Contributor
On 11/28/2014 NCshoppergal said:

Do you apply the primer over or under ?

Primer always goes on before your makeup. Prime = to prepare