Valued Contributor

Recommendations for Men's skincare

Hi everyone!

My bf has been bugging me about skincare lately and was just looking for good recommendations. The two of us have completely different kinds of skin (most of my products are for oily, acne prone skin and dry his skin out). He has very dry skin that is sensitive.

Looking for a good exfoliator, cleanser, possible serum, moisturizer and/or mask. Can anyone recommend a brand for me to check out?

Thanks in advance! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Re: Recommendations for Men's skincare

have you looked on ZIRH.com ? They carry cleansers and moisturizers with botanicals but I don't think they make masks. I don't think many men want to be bothered with a mask. Neutrogena has drug store quality mens items near the shaving cremes, The prices are probably 25-50 percent lower than a designer label.
Respected Contributor

For dry skin, coconut oil does wonders. Look for organic or cold pressed coconut oil. It is solid at room temperature but melts between your fingers. As an added bonus you can use it when frying instead of butter!
Valued Contributor

Thank you! You'd actually be surprised but my bf does like to do an occasional mask (his dry skin bothers him THAT much) but he probably wouldn't do it if he had the proper cleanser and moisturizer. Neutrogena products unfortunately haven't worked for him in the past, hence why he's bugging me about it. Wink

He actually likes my skin elixir oil from Skinn cosmetics but I'm selfish and want it for myself (plus the lavender scent he doesn't enjoy all that much). I'll check out the website!

Super Contributor

I suggest you check out the new Skinn Men's skincare kit on sale at S H O P H Q. It's formulated specifically for men. And since your BF already likes your Skinn products, he'd probably like this kit, too.
Valued Contributor

Jack Black gets great reviews!

Trusted Contributor

good ol cerave

Contributor

Jack Black does have an excellent glycolic face wash. Kiehls makes a divine aftershave balm, too, which is very emollient. Maybe he'd use a Clarisonic with a lovely gentle, yet effective, daily cleanser, such as First Aid Beauty cleanser? That's great for dry skin, IMHO. On days he doesn't use the Clarisonic, he can use the jack Black glycolic cleanser. I love my husband's JB cleanser so much that I steal it from him quite a bit. My husband has very dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin. For a daily moisturizer, he uses DR Gross age erase. It is emollient and it is in a simple white bottle. He uses my vitamin c serum (he doesn't know I know!) by putting a squirt or so from the dropper in his morning face moisturizer or in his after shave balm. I think a m a z o n has great Vit C serums at $20 or so. Good luck!
Trusted Contributor

Origins Ginzing, Clarins, Clinique, & Strivectin.
Respected Contributor

PC4 Men kit from Paula's Choice includes Face Wash, Shave, Soothe + Smooth, Daytime Protect SPF 30, Nighttime Repair. Her prices change but it is $83.30 today.

CeraVe has a good hydrating cleanser, sunscreen and pm moisturizer

PC4Men Kit