Occasional Contributor

Everything except for the 2 mascaras, which were made in Italy. I was really bummed when the eyeliner from the TSV broke on my eyelid the first time I used it today, and it prompted me to look at where all these products were manufactured. China. Then I checked some other Tarte products I have which I bought at Macy's. Those were made in USA. I understand that they have to mass produce these kits for QVC, but it's hard for me to believe that they can maintain their standard of "high performance naturals," when it's coming out of China. What do you guys think? I love Maureen, but I'm really disappointed in this kit.

Regular Contributor
I was tempted to buy TSV but the reason I cancelled my order is because I tried Tarte brand eyeliner from Sephora and I returned it because it irritated my eyes. I didn't want to go thru being disappointed about the eyeshadow too. And I don't like lip products that taste minty. But I'm sure the kit will work for some.
Valued Contributor

I love the kit...first time I have ordered Tarte in awhile...I love all the colors, smoothness of products, staying power, and price. Many beauty products are made in many places other than the USA...my lip products don't taste minty...

Trusted Contributor

All the holidays kits have been made in China for years now. This is no surprise. That's how they can keep the cost so low. I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed. That's no fun.

Respected Contributor
She made a point of saying that some companies use a different product in their Holiday kits but these are their "normal" product, no sub. Hmmmm
Valued Contributor

Checking my Tarte items, the bb cream, concealer and powder foundation are made is usa. The older smooth operator powder I have is made in usa but the newer version is made in china (and it's also less product mind you).

I wouldn't necessarily shy away from cosmetics made in China, but rather if the company sells to China. If the product is sold in China, it must go by Chinese regulations which requires animal testing. Tarte was bought out by a Japanese company earlier this year, so I would be weary going forward with purchases.

Trusted Contributor

The TSV was sold at an 80% discount off retail pricing. They have to make up the difference somewhere. A lot of people complained about the eyeliners being poor quality.

Respected Contributor
On 11/26/2014 pas4116 said:

The TSV was sold at an 80% discount off retail pricing. They have to make up the difference somewhere. A lot of people complained about the eyeliners being poor quality.

I have so many liners that I never gave the liners a thought. Knew I wouldn't use them. But I have used the mascara, eyeshadow, and blush. I'm ashamed to say I've had this for awhile and haven't used it yet. I've ordered too many things lately. Good point about the liners. Chunk them....still a great deal.
Honored Contributor
On 11/26/2014 Reba055 said: She made a point of saying that some companies use a different product in their Holiday kits but these are their "normal" product, no sub. Hmmmm

yeah she's been saying that for awhile now and I personally know that not to be true. The quality of the eyeshadows in her deeply discounted kits like this are definitely different quality than her regular shadows.

Respected Contributor
On 11/26/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 11/26/2014 Reba055 said: She made a point of saying that some companies use a different product in their Holiday kits but these are their "normal" product, no sub. Hmmmm

yeah she's been saying that for awhile now and I personally know that not to be true. The quality of the eyeshadows in her deeply discounted kits like this are definitely different quality than her regular shadows.

Thanks I'll check it out. I have a tarte quad shadow and a blush so I'll compare.