Regular Contributor
Have any of you Beauty Insiders received any discounts for the holidays? I used to get a 15% off every year but since last year I don't get anything anymore. Why be a beauty insider when there are no perks?
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sephora Beauty Insiders?

If memory serves, I received a $15 off $40 purchase coupon in the mail the last two years, and it showed up sometime in early December. If Sephora is going to offer this again this year, I'm sure the coupons haven't been mailed out yet.

Valued Contributor

just last year they offered 15% off & we also got the --- dollars off of 50. We have got nothing this year. So I haven't shopped once at Sephora this year. I have spent my money at other places that offer the same products with sales that are for everyone. Found out today Sephora was bought by Louis Vouitton. Guess that May explain some of their snottiness with their sales.
Trusted Contributor

was wondering the same thing

Super Contributor

I've gotten nothing thus far...

Regular Contributor

I got the 20% off in Nov and today I got $20 off a $50 purchase.

Valued Contributor

Got 20.00 off coupon today.

Regular Contributor

Hmmm, wonder why some get coupons and others don't. I won't buy from them unless I get a coupon or cash off if I spend $40 or $50 dollars, I can get discounts from many other beauty sites it just gripes me that Sephora is so stingy and as a beauty insider you get nothing. Oh well, guess I will take my business elsewhere!
Honored Contributor

i have not received anything yet.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I got the 20% in November, but not the $20 off $50. I can understand those who have given Sephora their business feeling unappreciated, but deals can be had elsewhere for most of the brands sold at Sephora. You can get deals throughout the year from some of your favorite brands by signing up at their website for emails (or simply look up deals on sites such as Retail Me Not.com). There are also other beauty retail competitors out there (Beauty.com, LovlySkin.com, Skinstore.com to name a few) which sell prestige brands and have frequent percentage off and shipping specials. In fact, Lovely Skin ships any amount order free everyday. Competitor Ulta has reduced their twice a year "entire store" sale discount from 20 to 15% on prestige brands, but even without a coupon your loyalty points equate to cash discount when you redeem them. If you use them to buy brands such as Perricone and Lancome points (dollars of) add up quickly. I like redeeming my loyalty with dollars off much better than those silly little sample sized gift sets Sephora offers as point redemptions.

This is probably the last year I'll have enough points to be a VIB because I've really reduced my shopping at Sephora for the reasons mentioned above. Even if I'm just browsing to see things in person and sample before buying, the department stores have copied Sephora with their counter set ups.