Respected Contributor

Mally face defender question

I started using this when Ulta had it on sale a couple of months ago and it's amazing. I got a second one on sale and now see that Mally's site is going to have a sale. Does anyone have an idea how long these last if unopened? I can't believe how it takes down the shine from my moisturizer/sunscreen without looking dry. On the other hand, I don't want to pay full price for it if I don't have to, lol.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mally face defender question

I don't have a concrete answer, but I've had a Mally's Face Defender compact in my purse for the better part of a year and it's fine. I just don't use it often enough to use it up fast. Honestly, I think it'll be fine. What's the difference if it sits in storage in your home or sits in a warehouse somewhere?

Honored Contributor

I just started using my second compact. I am pretty sure I got those when she first introduced the item! I bet it is well over a year old. It is just fine! No problems.

This stuff lasts forever and I use it every single day.

That is a GREAT sale she is having. I am getting another face defender (it is a pricier item but as I said....lasts and lasts) and stocking up on her eye makeup remover. Only one that works for me.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the replies. You're right about the warehouse observation JeanLouiseFinch and I'll probably go ahead and stock up. Once I find a staple product I really like, I'm not tempted to keep looking, so I know it will get used unless my skin changes.

Respected Contributor

tucscongal, thanks so much for this post!!!! I am currently living outside the US and I am running low on the face defender and was putting it off because it is very pricey at regular price. I bought two on mallybeauty.com with 30% off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total order was $56 instead of $80 and no s/h. I still pay s/h since I ship to a mail forwarder in Miami. However, for this it will be about $6-7 USD all the way to the Caribbean since there is no shipping charge in the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I also noticed that this product has a long 'shelf' life, more like a purse life!! LOL

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

On 11/26/2014 NycVixen said:

tucscongal, thanks so much for this post!!!! I am currently living outside the US and I am running low on the face defender and was putting it off because it is very pricey at regular price. I bought two on mallybeauty.com with 30% off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total order was $56 instead of $80 and no s/h. I still pay s/h since I ship to a mail forwarder in Miami. However, for this it will be about $6-7 USD all the way to the Caribbean since there is no shipping charge in the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I also noticed that this product has a long 'shelf' life, more like a purse life!! LOL

I'm glad you saw this. I ordered mine this morning and it's already shipped! I'm taking a chance on her primer to use before my under eye concealer. It has pretty good reviews and was already on sale in addition to the 30%. Good deals to be had for sure.

Honored Contributor

You need to realize there will always be another sale. You don't need to buy every time they are on sale. Seriously. I wait until I am almost out before buying things.