Super Contributor

Help! Lost 60 lbs and now have TURKEY NECK

I am about 10-15 lbs from my goal weight. I didn't crash diet. My neck looks so bad after losing weight. TURKEY NECK is now what I have. I have a facial flex and been using a couple of months but haven't seen any results. Besides surgery which I can't afford is there anything that helps improve the neck? I have seen neck weights advertised but not sure they would help. I also have a Rx for retina a and been using it on the neck but again no results. I'm embarrassed and it's hard to stay positive when my neck looks so bad
Super Contributor

Re: Help! Lost 60 lbs and now have TURKEY NECK

This is just my opinion, but I think there's just so much you can do with loose skin. Meaning, not much. The Facial Flex (or NuFace, etc) would help with the underlying muscles, but I don't think you can un-stretch the skin. It might have to do with how long you carried the weight and how old you are, too. Maybe someone who actually knows something will chime in.

I just wanted to say that I empathize! I've got the turkey neck, flapping skin, etc., and I haven't lost a pound, I'm sorry to say. I remember looking at Ronald Reagan and his FACE looked really good, but his neck was like ours (!) and I'd think "why don't you just get that yanked up? I can't really afford it either, but I honestly think where there's a will there's a way, so I may seriously look into it and do some planning. Because it really bothers me, too.

Trusted Contributor

There are laser treatments for skin tightening. You might talk to a derm or plastic surgeon. I'm sure these aren't cheap, but they would be cheaper than surgery. Also, I suspect your neck will tighten up a bit on its own over time.

Honored Contributor

I lost 65 pounds and know what you mean. For me, I've chosen to live with it. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} It could be something worse and I'm happy to be healthier and happy.

Honored Contributor

I hate gravity!

Honored Contributor

Well, I don't have an answer, but I just want to congratulate firestripes and CalminTheHeart on the weightloss success. It's been a losing battle for me. Would either of you mind sharing how you did it? Maybe in another thread so this one doesn't get hijacked and the initial question gets overlooked.

Valued Contributor

I am 76 yrs. old and don't have a turkey neck. It is in the genes. If it runs in your family you will have it too. There is nothing you can do about it.

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations on your weight loss! Like ElvisShops mentioned, there is a laser procedure for this problem. I have looked into it for myself. It is called Ultherapy, which is noninvasive by using sound waves. The procedure lasts for 45 minutes and my dermatologist charges $2,900.00. I was told it will tighten my neck and jawline and will last for 3 years. I'm seriously considering having this done sometime next year.
Super Contributor

Surgery is really the only way to fix it. I guess if it is something that makes you unhappy everyday.... it is worth it to fix it. Congrats on losing the weight! You deserve to be and feel happy about yourself!

Honored Contributor

I have the same issue, I call it my Turkey Waddle. It is what it is. No turtlenecks for me anymore.

I wear lower necklines anyway due to having a large bust (never lose that, no matter what my weight), so as long as my neckline is low, the focus is not on my waddle ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN