Super Contributor

I ordered a Foreo Luna from DH Gate. For $20 I wasn't expecting very much. I've never seen a real one in person so I can't give a detailed comparison. I think I'll look at a real one in a local store and see what the difference is.

I received the item today and so far I think it's good.

I received a $5 discount because it took longer to ship than expected, so the real price was $15. I wonder if many of the sellers on the Bay buy them from this website.

Even though I had some trouble with the seller I dealt with, customer service is very good.

Super Contributor

Re: Foreo Luna clone for $20

I'd never heard of that site -- interesting! The Foreos look identical to the real deal -- are they sold as clones or do they say they're authentic?

I thought they might be made in Sweden but a MUA poster said she got hers from Sephora (full price) and it said Made in China (should have known).

Have you tried it? What do you think?

Honored Contributor

Wow, if it works then you got an awesome deal! Too bad this didn't happen a couple of months ago, it could have saved me a bundle! Let us know how it works.

Super Contributor

On 11/25/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Wow, if it works then you got an awesome deal! Too bad this didn't happen a couple of months ago, it could have saved me a bundle! Let us know how it works.

I'm thinking gifts! They sure LOOK real. I'm checking out the sellers with 100% ratings.

Honored Contributor

On 11/25/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 11/25/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I'm thinking gifts! They sure LOOK real. I'm checking out the sellers with 100% ratings.

I know! That's why I said that. I already bought mini's for my DD and son's g/f in July, so I'm stuck. If Bluebird likes hers, though, I will seriously consider getting the bigger one for myself. I really like this cleansing tool. I've had my own mini since mid-June and use it twice daily most of the time, and just had to do my first recharge on it Sunday night.

Respected Contributor

Let us know how it goes! It does look interesting.

Valued Contributor

Since Foreo is made in China, and since this is a Chinese "Ebay"-site, I wouldn't be surprised if they got them directly from the same factory. The mark up pricing of these items are crazy.

I did browse the site and some sellers have their own factories. So items not made in China are essentially ripped off and they make their own versions of said items. You'll notice because they aren't marketed as the brand name (I.E.: a Samsung Galaxy S5 is just marketed as an S5 cell phone).

But this Foreo Luna has the brand name, thus making seem authentic. Hmm, who knows. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

On 11/25/2014 CaitlinH said:

Since Foreo is made in China, and since this is a Chinese "Ebay"-site, I wouldn't be surprised if they got them directly from the same factory. The mark up pricing of these items are crazy.

I did browse the site and some sellers have their own factories. So items not made in China are essentially ripped off and they make their own versions of said items. You'll notice because they aren't marketed as the brand name (I.E.: a Samsung Galaxy S5 is just marketed as an S5 cell phone).

But this Foreo Luna has the brand name, thus making seem authentic. Hmm, who knows. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

So now I'm intrigued. There are some listed as Luna Foreo, others listed as Foreo Luna Ultrasonic (Foreo has patented "T-Sonic" technology, whatever that means). So I'm wondering if these are intentional CYA or just a translation problem. Not sure these sellers need to CYA anyway.

Valued Contributor

On 11/25/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 11/25/2014 CaitlinH said:

But this Foreo Luna <em>has the brand name</em>, thus making seem authentic. Hmm, who knows. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

So now I'm intrigued. There are some listed as Luna Foreo, others listed as Foreo Luna Ultrasonic (Foreo has patented "T-Sonic" technology, whatever that means). So I'm wondering if these are intentional CYA or just a translation problem. Not sure these sellers need to CYA anyway.

Foreo Luna is trademarked. I'd only buy the ones that have this specifically on the item and in the listing descriptions. Translations or not the trademarked name is "Foreo Luna" so this would be the name no matter what language. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

The one I purchased says Foreo Luna in the description and also several of the pictures show a Foreo Luna box and the bottom of the item also showing the Foreo Luna information.

The one I received has a sticker on the bottom with a brand-name Monlove (the e is upside down). The instructions I received mention Foreo Luna with the trademark symbol but have multiple spelling and typing errors.

Real ones have a plus and minus sign on either side of the on off switch. Mine does not.

Some of the ones listed have an obviously different shape also.

http://dhgate.refr.cc/NQJSGJ6