Contributor

Oh, I know I must have been living under a rock, but just started to notice and pay attention to the Bare Mineral line because of the TSV today. I am fairly new to OVC. This question has probably been answered a zillion times, so sorry in advance to re ask same thing that must have been answered before. Question is: I'm over 60 with fairly good skin, no work done, however I do have fine lines and wrinkles and a few deeper ones on forehead. Somewhere I've gotten the message to stay away from powders because they are notorious for setting in said lines and wrinkles. With BM being a powder should I stay away from the line and stick to a more creamy brand? Thank you in advance for all and any advice on this.

Super Contributor

I am 57 and have very oily skin so BM is not the best for me. I have used it off and on for as long as it has been QVC. I used Bisque to cover redness and sometimes it get oily along with my skin. If you have good skin, give it a try. I use their compact eye color, all of their Buxom lip products and I got something in a kit call Ready Luminizer which is wonderful!! I will order that again. I don't have wrinkles except for the monkey line around my mouth, but nothing settles in lines. You have nothing to lose when trying it. We have a Bare minerals store at the MOA and any Sephora will fix you up with product and you can try it for free. They have good brushes too, especially the doubled ended.

Honored Contributor

I love BE. I have been rediscovering all of my BE Stash and loving it..I will say a little goes a long way with thisline, especially with the loose minerals..It is easy to overdo the blush and eye shadows if not used sparingly and blend, blend and blend some more. I find most of the colors very easy to use and look good on most skin tones....It is also reasonably priced compared to a lot of other makeup brands...Their brushes are very nice as well,especially the eye shadow brushes......Play and have fun!!!!

Valued Contributor

I have used many BE products on and off for many years. I still have and use the foundation. But I need to use it with a very light touch. I have dryish skin and often the BE exaggerates my pore size and dryness. BUT, if I'm careful with application, it can look great. Go figure. {#emotions_dlg.sleep}

I was never a fan of the loose ESs. Just too messy for me, but I know that they are very popular. I like and use the Bisque concealer still on occasion and I've also liked some of their lip products over the years. I have one or two of the Ready shadow compacts that are really nice, too.

Oh, and I just purchased and am trying out the SPF 20 lotion. I needed an alternative to what I was using and really wanted to try this one. It's a physical SPF, which I need, and so far, so good.

Brushes are also a nice quality and I have many from over the years that I am still using.

Regular Contributor

I have been using BE since Leslie brought it to QVC. I'm in my 50's and my mom who is 79 uses it too. The loose minerals are really not a powder. If you put some on your finger and rub, it'll have a creamy feel. The key to using the foundation, blush, etc. is to buff, buff, buff. You can start with a little and build up to the coverage that you need.

I love it! It is the only foundation I wear in the summer. The humidity usually melts other makeup but not this. oh and having the SPF is a bonus.

Have fun. You WILL get addicted. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Regular Contributor

Did the TSV sell out, or is it another day? I don't see any BE TSV listed on the home page, just slippers and electronics.

Don't make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.
Honored Contributor

I have been using Bare minerals for years, I am over 65, my skin is combo, more dry now that it is winter more dewy in summer (humid weather).

use a good moisture cream/lotion. I have been using Estee lauder for years. I can not use creamy foundation, oh boy do I break out badly. Bare minerals does not break me out, the fine lines I have Bare minerals (for me) does not settle into those naughty lines.

use a kabuki brush to apply Bare minerals loose foundation. I stay with the original foundation, all of the other Bare minerals foundations break me out.

try it and see if you like it.

I do mix a small amount of flawless radiance with my loose foundation.

Honored Contributor
On 11/25/2014 Nascardiva said:

Did the TSV sell out, or is it another day? I don't see any BE TSV listed on the home page, just slippers and electronics.

No it did not sell out and is still available for $5.00 more than the TSV price. It is no longer on easy pay though if that matters to you! Its 54.95 plus shipping and tax.

Trusted Contributor

I may be in the minority, but I've never seen BE mineral mu look good on anyone up close (i.e., a conversational distance). It looks ok at a longer distance, but, in my observations with myself and several others, it accentuates pores and lines. It might look great if you are 14 and have no visible pores, lines, etc.

It is worth noting that QVC has a nice return policy, so you can try it and risk only the return shipping cost. If you have sephora, you can go in person to check it out.