Super Contributor

Disappointed with my first Botox results. Has this happened to anybody else?

I got a good guy (a Plastic Surgeon who has rave reviews and has won a lot of awards), he's got the experience, he's legit, VERY nice and VERY nice looking! But I digress.

I wanted my 11's (which are more like apostrophes around my inner brows), horizontal elephant lines on the top of the bridge of my nose, and one vertical crevasse that looks like someone got me with a meat cleaver.

I want to say, these expression lines are DEEP. He used 32 units for the area. I understand Botox is not a filler, but just relaxes/paralyzes the muscles, but I'm wondering if that's enough. Plus, I can still make the expressions that got me into this mess to begin with.

It's been about a week and a half, and I've been reading that the results "peak" in two weeks. Peak? Does it go downhill from there??

His office contacted me today for a follow up, but I didn't have time to discuss with them, so I'll call tomorrow and see what he says.

But just want to know if this has happened to any of you. If so, how did you resolve it? More Botox? I'm fine with that, IF it will do the trick. Don't want to do fillers because none are FDA approved for that area and I've read that in RARE instances, people have had resulting vision problems. Don't want to take the chance. I really doubt I'm the one in how many? that has botulism antibodies.

Thanks for any enlightment, or symathy. :-)

Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed with my first Botox results. Has this happened to anybody else?

Hi Maren! Well, this was not what I was hoping for you in terms of results Smiley Sad interested to read responses from others that have the experience. Glad you have a follow up with the doc so you can discuss your expectations vs results and next steps. It's an uphill battle shared by all of us!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Re: Disappointed with my first Botox results. Has this happened to anybody else?

On 11/25/2014 Chi-town girl said: Hi Maren! Well, this was not what I was hoping for you in terms of results Smiley Sad interested to read responses from others that have the experience. Glad you have a follow up with the doc so you can discuss your expectations vs results and next steps. It's an uphill battle shared by all of us!

Thanks for sharing my disappointment, Chi! Unfortunately I don't think it's unheard of, I've read of others who have the same lack of results. But "out there" it's difficult to find out what they did next. That's why I'm hoping someone here can not only tell me it happened to her/him, but what the next step was, and the results from that.

I'm SO hoping that all I need is more Botox! It was so easy! :-)

Thanks for checking and I'll keep you posted.

Respected Contributor

I've been surprised at just how long the full result can take to manifest. Give it the full two weeks. You did get a good doc. Follow up is the right thing for them to do but not all will. Sounds like he'll help you decide on how to get the result you want.
Super Contributor

On 11/25/2014 BellaCarro said: I've been surprised at just how long the full result can take to manifest. Give it the full two weeks. You did get a good doc. Follow up is the right thing for them to do but not all will. Sounds like he'll help you decide on how to get the result you want.

Thanks for the encouragement, BC! That's probably what he'll tell me -- give it a little while longer. I did read where a dermatologist had it done, and he didn't begin to see result at all until two weeks in (but I think men have thicker muscles than women which is why they usually require more).

I just loved the entire experience. I've been in a lot of doctors' offices, and they've been great people, had wonderful staff, but I've never felt as comfortable and relaxed as I did at this place. We'll see how it goes. Thanks. :-)

Esteemed Contributor

Mine took 10 days and even the lines on upper lip area were very smooth. I am 78' I have a tune up with botox and filler every 9 months to a year. I think she does a combo of filler with vortex for the deep lines on upper lip.
Trusted Contributor

Your expectations may have been too high.

Esteemed Contributor

I also think you need to wait a bit and will throw into the mix that for me, the results of Botox are cumulative. With every round I find I need less and less and the results are better and better. It's impressive that your doctor is doing follow-up, by the way!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

If you have any antibiotics in your system (even from two weeks prior) the Botox results can be compromised.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I do think it takes longer to see the results between the eyes than to see results on the forehead. Your doctor will inject more if needed, so don't be too concerned. I just had my yearly touch-up yesterday and I'm hopeful that everything turns out well. Last year, I had one eyebrow raise much higher than the other, but my doctor took care of it. Good luck and I do hope you will love your results.