Valued Contributor

Has anyone used the honey? They were saying you could wash your hair with it too. I have dry skin but not extremely dry.

Respected Contributor

Perlier honey is a great formula and anyone can use it. Not sure about washing your hair with it though. I wish they had a kit instead of a 3 litre tsv. I don't really want such a large size since it wouldn't fit in my shower and would last a long-time. I may be wrong but I believe it is the first formula that they made in the perlier line. It has been around for many years.

Valued Contributor

Yes, it had been around for 70 years, I think Skip said. Skip said he washed his hair with it but I was doubtful too. Last night they had 3 & 4 piece sets of I think 11 different flavors and honey was one of them if you wanted smaller sizes. I have dry skin, but not extreme so I think the honey would be fine and wouldn't need the shea butter, right?

Honored Contributor

I have used the honey but have not tried the shea. I really like the Honey. I debated on the TS since it's such a large bottle but they said it has a 3 yr shelf life. I have the smaller bottle in the bathroom I can fill to use & store the big one in the closet. I did buy the Honey TS. I think I will get 2 bottles to fill up to give to my sisters with their gifts when I see them at Christmas. I love it. It works on my dry skin in these cold winter months. I put it on the Salux cloth & use in the shower.

I forgot to say No I have never used it as shampoo.

Trusted Contributor

I have the huge one from last year in Honey. It is very nice, skin feels great and I really like using it. My husband, however, couldn't use it because he didn't care for the fragrance (he is really picky and is easily offended by a lot of perfumes, room deodorizers, etc.). I have to confess that the fragrance took a little while for me to appreciate too - now I love it.

Respected Contributor

Last year I bought the olive oil. It is a very nice scent. It doesn't smell like fresh olive oil - just a clean, nice scent that I haven't grown tired of. This year, I decided to change and ordered the Agrumarian (or however it's spelled). I hope I like it. I keep the big bottle under the sink and refill smaller bottles for the shower and also the sink for hand washing.

Valued Contributor
On 11/24/2014 aggravated said:

I have the huge one from last year in Honey. It is very nice, skin feels great and I really like using it. My husband, however, couldn't use it because he didn't care for the fragrance (he is really picky and is easily offended by a lot of perfumes, room deodorizers, etc.). I have to confess that the fragrance took a little while for me to appreciate too - now I love it.

Can you describe the honey fragrance??

Respected Contributor

The honey fragrance is hard to describe... it's a sweet scent, not floral, and light. After a few days of use, you probably won't notice it anymore. It's not overpowering. And it doesn't linger on the skin. I use the honey when I want something very neutral. I rotate about 6 different Perlier shower gels/creams, changing every day.

I've used many of the Perlier shower gels/creams including honey, shea butter, shea butter with lavender, white almond, and lots of the florals. I like the honey and most of the shea butter fragrances, but I dislike the white almond. Don't ask me why. I also dislike anything with a coconut fragrance.

The TS is a great value. If I didn't have one from last year I probably would have bought another one. But my collection of Perlier runneth over.

None of the Perlier shower gels/creams are drying to the skin. All are gentle. The shea butter line and the white almond are the most moisturizing. Honey itself has moisturizing properties, but it's not as rich as the shea butter or white almond.

Shea butter, original, is a strong scent.

Valued Contributor
On 11/24/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

The honey fragrance is hard to describe... it's a sweet scent, not floral, and light. After a few days of use, you probably won't notice it anymore. It's not overpowering. And it doesn't linger on the skin. I use the honey when I want something very neutral. I rotate about 6 different Perlier shower gels/creams, changing every day.

I've used many of the Perlier shower gels/creams including honey, shea butter, shea butter with lavender, white almond, and lots of the florals. I like the honey and most of the shea butter fragrances, but I dislike the white almond. Don't ask me why. I also dislike anything with a coconut fragrance.

The TS is a great value. If I didn't have one from last year I probably would have bought another one. But my collection of Perlier runneth over.

None of the Perlier shower gels/creams are drying to the skin. All are gentle. The shea butter line and the white almond are the most moisturizing. Honey itself has moisturizing properties, but it's not as rich as the shea butter or white almond.

Shea butter, original, is a strong scent.

Thanks for you description, that helps a lot. I too have smelled the white almond fragrance and I don't care for it either. Sounds like honey would be a good place to start!

Super Contributor

I love Perlier! I have very sensitive skin and this is the only line that doesn't make my skin itchy. I use the Honey all of the time and love it for the very discreet smell. When I want a bit of a stronger fragrance , I wash with the Honey and use the Honey with Red Tea as my body cream. I am one who loves the White Almond and use that one alot also. I also love Perlier's body sprays. Not heavy, just a touch of scent. I also agree that the Honey is a good place to start. That is where I started . I did order the 9 piece set of hand creams to give as gifts and got the sandlewood and sage lotion for my husband today. I love when Perlier is on HSN!