Contributor

Red Itchy Scaly Eye Lids! Need Help!

Does anyone have this problem? If so, any suggestions on how to heal them? Thanks!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Red Itchy Scaly Eye Lids! Need Help!

It could be an allergic reaction to something new you're using, or something in your environment. I'd try to eliminate the source of what's causing it, if you can figure that out.

Frequent Contributor

If you wear eye makeup you are probably getting allergic to it. I had used Loreal for years and all at once my eye lids started to swell and got red and scaley. I put neospuron on my lids and did not wear make up until the swelling went down, 2 or 3 days. I switched to Alamay eye make up and my eye lids cleared up. I can use the IT eyeliner now and don't have any problems.

Trusted Contributor

Try CeraVe eye cream. You can find it in drug stores, or Wal-Mart. It's affordable, and works well. It hydrates parched skin. If this is a new condition for you, reconsider anything new you've added to your routine, even laundry soaps and softeners.

Super Contributor

Sounds exactly like blepheratis which sounds worse than it is. They sell cleansers at the drug store in the eye care section of you can cleanse your lids with baby shampoo. The pH of baby shampoo takes care of it.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Contributor

I had this problem and switched from Johnson & Johnson's Head to toe Baby wash, which I was using to take off my mascara, to Aveeno Baby organic harvest foaming wash and baby shampoo. I have also tried J&J's Baby Naturals foaming wash. Voila! I haven't had the problem since. Either I was allergic or I wasn't getting my eyelids completely rinsed and had a reaction. The foaming wash is easier to wash off.

The Aveeno seems to be less available now, but it is still on Amazon and Walmart.com. I think J&J is still in stores. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

On 11/23/2014 LuluCCS said:

Sounds exactly like blepheratis which sounds worse than it is. They sell cleansers at the drug store in the eye care section of you can cleanse your lids with baby shampoo. The pH of baby shampoo takes care of it.

I agree. You can select an OTC product on your own or ask any pharmacist.
Respected Contributor

I would try a light coating of Vaseline on your eyelids.

Super Contributor

Could also be caused by eyelash mites (Demodex). Sounds horrific, but actually common. To remove the mites, wash eyelashes 2x a day with baby shampoo and don't go to bed with eye makeup on.
Honored Contributor

On 11/23/2014 ireallydoqdou said:

Does anyone have this problem? If so, any suggestions on how to heal them? Thanks!

Honey please contact your dermatologist not a shopping channel discussion board. Good luck.

"Pure Michigan"